Replacement headlights for 2016 Jeep JKU

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garyb1st

Stock headlights on our Jeep are worthless for night driving. Looking for suggestions on replacement. Interested in cost, how long you've had them and any issues since installing.

You might get a lot of opinion here - https://www.jeepforum.com/forums/

I hang out (very sporadically) in teh KK forum for my Liberty. The Wrangler forum appears more active. Lost Jeeps is another one I might check in yearly.

Aside from a replacement LED or halogen replacement, light bars are blindingly bright these days. I put a brush bar on my RAM with a built in low light bar. It's aimed not to blind other drivers but completely illuminates the sides of our dark country roads here.

I have definitely seen deer and wildlife I would not have seen with headlights alone, even on brights. (I swear. About 50% of all vehicles around here don't have front bumpers due to animal strikes - LOL)

I've thought about a light bar. Didn't know they had a low light option. Are there any laws regulating the use of light bars?

Rather than type a bunch of stuff and "appear" smart, here's a link to California rules which (go figure) tend to me more restrictive than other states.

I think the area to understand most is the different among auxiliary lights, fog lights and off road lights.

The second area is to understand what constitutes "One Light" as it appears California limits you to "two lights"

I had a set of Trucklite 7" LED headlights on my Jeep JK for 10 years and LOVED them. I just hopped on Quadratec.com (Jeep parts outfitter) and they still sell them and they are still highly rated, and are just as expensive when I bought mine--a relative value over time..lol. Models by JW speaker are also highly rated. I see a lot of guys running around with the Oracle brand lights which are significantly cheaper. Lots of brands have come a long way since way-back-when.

In 10 years of use, not a single issue with the headlamps themselves. One of the PWM harness connections (plug and play) was maybe loose or something and causing issues with one of the headlamps once. Wiggling it replicated the issue. Disconnecting it, cleaning the terminals, and reconnecting with dielectric grease solved the problem.

You will need the set of PWM (pulse width modulation) harnesses to eliminate flickering of any LED headlamps. Sometimes they are included and sometimes they are sold separately, so just beware.

Sadly but gladly, I sold my JK last week, and with it, the LED headlamps. I brought home a new Rubicon XR which has an LED lighting package from the factory. It's quite good!

I highly recommend both of these online sellers:

Quadratec.com
Northridge4x4.com

Last edited:
I have my aux driving lights wired with the high beams and a by-pass switch. When not in by-pass my aux lights come on with the high beams. In by-pass they do not come on. This set up works good for me.

Back
Top Bottom