Replacement RV door keys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowell

I was able to find a new RV door at a RV Salvage place in Phoenix for the small aluminum sided trailer I am building. But it didn't come with keys. One the inside of the door lock it shows a key code G350.  RVLocksandmore.com show they have a LED lighted precut G350 key for $6.50 which is a good price but I'm not sure if its a fitted key or a blank.  I assume precut means it is a finished key.  I guess for the price, its worth taking a chance.

I think you are correct.  Precut, well to me that means precut  ;)
I think there is a key blank that serves many cuts, and the 'G350' is one of those cuts.

As I recall Global offered keys with codes of G300 or maybe G301 through G350, where G350 is a specific cut key.  In other words they offered 50 possible consumer keys, as well as 1 or 2 types of master "salesmans" keys.

Isaac-1 said:
As I recall Global offered keys with codes of G300 or maybe G301 through G350, where G350 is a specific cut key.  In other words they offered 50 possible consumer keys, as well as 1 or 2 types of master "salesmans" keys.

Yikes, I hope those Burglar Keys, I mean salesmans keys aren't available to the public consumer.  :eek:

I was going to order the precut $6 key from RVlocksandmore.com but the shipping cost was $30.  Then I found out a local RV dealer has the key.  Since the door isn't installed yet, I think I will put the door in my pickup and go there to make sure their key works.

Lowell said:
I was going to order the precut $6 key from RVlocksandmore.com but the shipping cost was $30.  Then I found out a local RV dealer has the key.  Since the door isn't installed yet, I think I will put the door in my pickup and go there to make sure their key works.

Good catch on the shipping....There's no way it cost $30 to ship a key.

Or just replace the whole latch and lock assembly.  You can find replacements online or at Camping World for about $30 including a pair of keys.

SpencerPJ said:
Probably includes handling.  ;)

I waiting on a pizza stone from California (to Alabama)...It's 11 pounds and 12" by 12"...Shipping is $18.00. And I'm sure that includes handling.

Some of these on-line companies make more profits off the shipping. So you really have to pay attention.

Gizmo100 said:
Some of these on-line companies make more profits off the shipping.

Except for Amazon, they profit because the taxpayers subsidize the USPS and all that free shipping and Sunday deliveries Amazon gives away.  Oh, did I really just type that.  :eek:

SpencerPJ said:
Except for Amazon, they profit because the taxpayers subsidize the USPS and all that free shipping and Sunday deliveries Amazon gives away.  Oh, did I really just type that.  :eek:

In that case, being that I'm already paying for it, I just as well use it.

I had called RVLocksandmore.com after looking at their web site. I received a callback from them today and was told that a lock G350 precut key was in fact a finished key.  I asked about the $30 shipping fee and was told that was incorrect.  That the shipping should only be about $5.  Perhaps I made a mistake when looking at the web page or maybe that was for expedited shipping.  Just thought I should clarify the shipping cost.

About a year ago, I ordered the following.  All prices are the total amount I paid, including shipping and any taxes.

Four master keys from rvautoparts.com.  The cost was $22.78

I also ordered on eBay, 2 G317 keys for $8.45

CH751 keys on ebay were 2 for $4.30

SpencerPJ said:
Yikes, I hope those Burglar Keys, I mean salesmans keys aren't available to the public consumer.  :eek:
No worries, burglars use much more destructive ways to get in.

Lowell said:
I had called RVLocksandmore.com after looking at their web site. I received a callback from them today and was told that a lock G350 precut key was in fact a finished key.  I asked about the $30 shipping fee and was told that was incorrect.  That the shipping should only be about $5.  Perhaps I made a mistake when looking at the web page or maybe that was for expedited shipping.  Just thought I should clarify the shipping cost.

Thanks for clearing that up...

RVSHOP.COM has the keys $9.95 and no shipping. Just scroll down to  a global key. They let you choose you code.

SpencerPJ said:

For years Polaris snowmobiles only had 5 keys and you could go to a dealer and buy all of them. Not sure if they're different now but mid 2000's you could walk up to a machine outside a bar or dealership and drive it away with very minimal effort.

Take the lock to a good locksmith and have it RE-KEYED using new pins. Then you have the only keys that will work with that lock. Local place did that for me, cost $30.00 with 4 spare keys. 

Cheers

SpencerPJ said:

Just a quick note: contrary to what many believe - taxpayers DO NOT subsidize the USPS. They are supported by their own rates and fees as any other business. Yet unlike any other business, they are subject to government regulation when setting those rates and fees which makes it difficult to remain competitive and liquid or on budget.

Vicki

Regarding USPS. there are many politicians who want to "Fix" things they don't own. USPS is one of em.. SS is another and when those liars tell you about the need to "FIX" because of the national debt.

Well think about how much brains it takes to call for FIXING something not broken.

I've heard politicians claim USPS is subsidizing Amazon as well.  THey are not. Amazon gets a deal because Amazon does much of the "Grunt work" of shipping. prepars labels barcodes them.  And they ship by the pre-sorted semi load... THis saves the USPS a bunch of time and money. and they pass the savings on to AMAZON unlike so many companies who just shove it in the CEO's pocket.

Back
Top Bottom