Replacement Vent Help for thick roof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nomadb1

Having a hard time locating a proper non-fan replacement vent. The opening is 14x14x4-3/4 thick. 14x14 is easy but finding information on how thick of a roof is supported is quite a bit harder. We ordered one from amazon but it only supported a 2-1/2in roof. Also, most of the ones we've found have TERRIBLE reviews, does anyone make one that lasts more a couple years?

Turns out backing up under low hanging branches is rough on your roof vents......oops. Bent up all the metal insides too so we need the whole enchilada.

Do you need the entire assembly or just the door that opens. The doors are easy to find and replace. I know you said you need the entire fan but I’m just making sure as to what you need. Usually just the door breaks

I've never had to replace an entire vent assembly in 20+ years of RVing, so I'd say yes they make ones that last. The plastic covers, though, are susceptible to damage. Especially if left open when in motion.

Fantastic Vents seem to handle roof thicknesses or 4+ inches, but I see they don't document that maximum. Strange!

Replacing the whole thing since all the metal parts got bent up. The old plastic trim pieces including the bug screen has become really brittle. No fan though - I thought this would make it easier but most I’ve seen include a fan.

Just found a snippet that fan-tastic vent is now dometic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom