Replacing ceiling in my 2005 Itasca Meridian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks John, will now go into the bedroom and without replacing the ceiling I will try to save the existing ceiling by removing the battens and anything else that is in the section I'm working on. Will show pics of the steps as I go. Will be using my Brad Nailer with 1/2" staples. I have to stretch the material as to not create wrinkles or waves and still pulls the ceiling back up. I Used this procedure in the living room and it really worked well. So will use in the bed room in hopes to obtain the same results. Is it right for me to continue on this post with the updates or start a new one ?  Thanks for the responses and encouragement.

edit - removed excess white space at the end of the paragraph

I had go redo my headliner last summer. It wasnt as bad as I expected. I peeled off the old stuff took a shop vac and cleaned up the plywood then sprayed permatex headliner spray on one side let it dry, stuck the headliner then sprayed the rest. I went to home depot and picked up some embossed moilding for the seams and installed stained crown mold along the long edges. Went pretty good for a newbie.
1687044043894.jpeg

I did mine years ago. When you take down the old vinyl the foam stay up and it’s a messy job getting all that foam off the ceiling.
To this date the new ceiling is staying up and looking good.

This ceiling repair was done by the PO of my coach. theres a few area, over the buffet and in the bathroom that are still original. Since they are small areas I'm going to try battens as discussed in the above.

Attachments

• 20210111_105538.jpg
    20210111_105538.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom