Replacing charger/converter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karpy

Hey everybody. New to RV Forum, looks like a great site. I live in the amazing town of Golden, Co. at the foot of the Rocky Mt.
Have a 2004 26' Wilderness Bumper pull that has camper all thru the West many times. I do all work on my camper myself.
My Question: After testing, confirming it's bad, removing a Atwood APS 5530 charger/converter. After drifting thru a bunch of searches and sites
can't seem to find thy exact model. Can anyone recommend a replacement product, and online parts company, would love to get same model or
something that do the job, Thanks Karpy

Can anyone recommend a replacement product, and online parts company, would love to get same model or
something that do the job, Thanks Karpy
It's just a simple 55 amp 12 VDC converter, right?

What I would do is check the dimensions to see what others will fit in the same space. I would think something like a PD9260C should work.

But I am not familiar with your old one.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Progressive Dynamics 9245 is a good standalone.
If the Atwood was part of the power distribution panel go with the 4645 and reuse the same distribution panel.

Literally just replaced our converter two days ago. It was a Progressive Dynamics 91xx and we replaced it with a PD9280v 80 amp converter.

Amazon.

I believe the APS-5530 is a power panel, with AC breakers, DC fuses, and a converter/charger. Looks like this one, right?

If so, you can either wire in a standalone (deck mount) converter charger like the PD9260 or replace the entire 5530 with a new AC/DC power panel such as the Progressive Dynamics PD4655 or WFCO 8955.

I recommend Bestconverter.com

Call and talk to Randy. Have some dimensions of the panel and possibly some pics that can be texted to him. He may recommend ripping out the converter and have something that will go in its place, a standalone converter, or a whole new power panel such as the Progressive 4100 series.

Charles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom