Replacing DVD Player, Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

K9Kampers

2004 Jayco Granite Ride 2900GS with over head entertainment system and surround sound. I am replacing the DVD player, as the last two dealer installed have broken. The in dash FM/AM radio and Sirius Satelitte Radio play through the DVD receiver. Please can someone advise what the follwing wires are for.? Green and White? White and Black? Orange and White? The wires are 'bare' at the end and would need a clip to insert.? The new DVD player only receives the yellow and red video connectors (exept for the speakers, they are clip in connections).? This is the DVD player I am putting in http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/te...=de_a_smtd/104-7032460-2446302?_encoding=UTF8.?
Thanks for your help.? I have e-mailed Jayco, but it may take a while. Thanks. Sue

Those odd-color, striped wires would be typical of speaker wires, but there would usually be a set of eight (4 speakers, 2 wires each) from a typical dashboard radio.  Where did they connect on the old DVD unit?

Sue,

Gary's right; they are probably the front left, center, and right speaker wires. Here is a link to the unit you probably have - the Amazon website appears to have an error in the model number. http://books.jvcservice.com/download/363087939/27507.pdf  I believe it should be RX-DV3SL; not RX-DV31SL. Check the unit itself as JVC doesn't have any listing for the latter model number. To identify which wires go where, take a "AAA" battery and place one pair of wires across the two ends of it - white to one end and colored to the other. Just touch them to it briefly. You should hear a small, but distinct clicking sound coming from one of the speakers each time you do that. Mark that pair "left", "right", or "center", whichever is correct. Do the same with a second pair of wires. By default, the remaining pair will be for whichever speaker you haven't identified yet. Once you have them properly identified, simply connect them to the proper clip terminals on the back of the unit. The white wires of the pairs will go to the "-" (minus - black) terminals; the colored ones to the + (plus - red) terminals. There will probably be extra clip terminals that you won't use; these are for the surround sound speakers, should you decide to add them later. There's also a separate RCA-type jack for a powered sub-woofer.

Good Luck! :)

Thank you guys for all of you help, you were right, it was the speaker wires, I guess I was not used to the colors.  I have the DVD velcro'd down and ready to go camping! Sounds Great. Hopefully it will last longer than the factory ones. Thanks, Sue

Back
Top Bottom