Replacing headlight on E-450

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sonnyswords

Can someone recommend a trick to replacing the left headlight on an E-450? The space is so tight that I have no leverage to turn it.

Would a large suction cup work? I've seen suction cups with a handle on them. In fact, that's what glass installers use, although theirs would probably be too expensive for a 1-off task.

Only thing I need to remove is the bulb from the back, from inside the hood. Unfortunately there is a fuse box in the way.

Since it's a Ford (I'm not knocking it, had an F150, now an F350), but to change the headlight bulbs, you have to remove the headlight assembly. Then the bulb is replaced then the assembly put back in the vehcile. I don't have my owners manualy book with me at the moment, but I do remember seeing instructions for both the E and F series in it.

Larry

:) Hi sonnyswords. I recently had the same problem replacing a Bulb on my Newmar based on the F53. It is very awkward to twist the Holder from the Housing and I finished up with terrible scratches all over my arms from the Fibre Glass surrouind. I wish you luck. If you find out the trick? Let us all know.  ;)

Hello,

I bought replacement bulbs to sylvania cool bluewhich are awesome, but......
I can't get to the bulbs to change them.
So.... I am looking for the same Info.

Thanks up front.
Joe

Sonny,

If you are still looking for info?
I finally had time to do mine, man what a PITA, especially for the drivers side.
Don't forget there is a retainer ring, which is the hardest part.
Took me about 4 hours to do both.
Had to remove Batt and holderFro one have to remove and loosen bolts on fuse box tom get the other.
Good LUCK  !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom