Replacing microwave with regular oven - or

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mloub

Hi,
We just bought a MH with an Advantium microwave/convection oven, and a two burner stove. 
I know that I am in the minority, but much prefer a regular oven (convection is fine) to a microwave. 
I thought of asking if anyone knew a way to somehow decommission the microwave part, leaving the convection part operational, but that wouldn't solve the whole problem - and the cooking space would still be inferior to even a small "regular" oven.
Is there any easy way to swap out the microwave and install something with regular oven racks, to satisfy my passion for baking, without rebuilding the cabinets?
It would also be nice to have an outside vent for the oven, but there is a ceiling vent close-by (is that sufficient?).
I welcome any ideas on this!
Thanks! Mloub

You should be able to use the convection oven feature without the microwave feature.  They should be independent of each other, except for some hybrid cooking modes (MW for defrost, convection for cook).  No need to disconnect the microwave portion, just don't use it.

mloub said:
Hi,
We just bought a MH with an Advantium microwave/convection oven, and a two burner stove.?
I know that I am in the minority, but much prefer a regular oven (convection is fine) to a microwave.? ?
I thought of asking if anyone knew a way to somehow decommission the microwave part, leaving the convection part operational, but that wouldn't solve the whole problem - and the cooking space would still be inferior to even a small "regular" oven.
Is there any easy way to swap out the microwave and install something with regular oven racks, to satisfy my passion for baking, without rebuilding the cabinets?
It would also be nice to have an outside vent for the oven, but there is a ceiling vent close-by (is that sufficient?).
I welcome any ideas on this!Thanks! Mloub

From all of the classes I've attended and people I've spoken to  they love the Advantium for baking.  I have a Sharp Micro/convection and other than the long time it takes to heat up the convection (it has inside venting)  , it works just  fine.  Before going to trouble and expense of swapping  machines, I'd give it a try for a while and see what others have found out.  I once "HAD" to have  3 burners (Mine came with only 2)  Some $900 later I have 3 burners and sadly have  almost never had occasion to use all 3 at the same time.  A waste on money and I hope my husband does not read this)  Use my experience to save yourself some money.

Betty Brewer

I also initially wondered if lack of a third burner would be a problem, but then remembered that once one of the knobs on our 5W stove broke, and I never missed it while it was out of commission.  I also LOVE the way the 2 burner cooktop is lower than counter height - it just feels better to me.

I guess I was remembering the frustration of using a toaster oven that felt like a toy - with the little trays - and was a bit disappointed in the way the Advantium was fitted out for baking.
I do love using many of the specialty full sized baking pans....

You gave good advice, and I'll take it - and will "use it awhile" before doing anything drastic to the kitchen.   

Any tips from happy Advantium convection bakers to smooth the way?

Thanks, all!
Mloub

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom