Replacing old Thetford toilet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

McMullin72

I've got a 1986 Country Coach with an old thetford aqua magic aurora toilet that needs to be replaced. The floor bolts are in the front and back, how do I chose a replacement toilet so the bolts line up? Everything I'm seeing in new toilets show all the bolts on the sides.

Thanks!

Can you rotate the floor flange?  Or replace it?  Often they are not glued in place. Some are just screwed down to the floor, some are threaded into a fitting on the tank, and some just stick thru a rubber gasket at the top of the tank.
Another alternative is to cut two new slots in the old flange. A Dremel (rotary) tool or oscillating tool can do this fairly easily.

Careful heating with a temperature controlled heat gun can also loosen the glue without melting the pipe and allow you to remove the flange, though again the operative word is careful.  A standard heat gun does not give you enough control of air temperature to successfully do it though.

If new toilet will not line up, go to hardware store and get the tie down bolts that are threaded for wood floors

Knowing how to remove an RV toilet is essential before changing it. The water pump must be turned off before you can remove the toilet. This will stop water from spilling and dirtying the floor. To access the bolts at the base of your toilet, lift the plastic top. The toilet in your RV is fastened to the floor by this cover. After lifting them, carefully remove the screws. Make sure there are no leaks entering the RV by using a towel.

The initial step to remove the toilet is emptying the tank. Be careful when draining the waste tank to prevent spills and minimize odors inside your RV.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom