Replacing slide topper awning material

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hoozerman

I am replacing the awning material on my '00 Rexhall Aerbus. I have successfully done the patio awning with the directions provided on Carefree Colorado's website. However, the slide toppers are an obsolete style and the procedure for replacing the fabric is not on their website. The style I have are slide toppers that, in addition to covering the tops of the slides, also "break over" the outside edge of the slide and act as window awnings as well. If anyone is familiar with this style of awning and knows the procedure for replacing the material, I would greatly appreciate some advice. I have emailed Carefree Colorado, and hopefully they will provide some info, but I have not heard from them yet.
Thanks!

I don't have that style, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Careless of Colorado to help. I have replaced one of my Careless slide toppers so far and received adequate instruction from the replacement slide topper supplier. http://www.rv-motorhome-answers.com/rv-slide-out-topper.html  I don't know if these guys are the best or the cheapest, but I've been happy so far with the topper. I received quick reply on the quote and fast service on the topper.

It might be worth a call or email to them and see if they already have a printed set of instructions for your model.

Ken

The Tough Tops referenced above are a heavier fabric that really cut down on the flapping on our last coach. They have great step-by-step instructions that took two of us about 45 minutes each to follow replacing our living room and bedroom slide toppers.

Thanks, guys. I have already purchased and received the replacement fabric. I really need to figure out how to install them.

Just received an email from Carefree with instructions! We'll see how it goes. Thanks for your replies.

As usual, the instructions helped a lot! I was able to replace the slide topper awnings in a couple of hours. Carefree Colorado sent instructions for a couple of different obsolete styles, the Omega, which I have, and the Omega II. If anyone needs this info, let me know. Thanks.

hoozerman said:
As usual, the instructions helped a lot! I was able to replace the slide topper awnings in a couple of hours. Carefree Colorado sent instructions for a couple of different obsolete styles, the Omega, which I have, and the Omega II. If anyone needs this info, let me know. Thanks.

I would appreciate receiving a copy of those instructions for the Omega series as that is what I have!!

Thanks for the offer!!

smith.stuart at sympatico.ca

I would also like a copy of the instructions on how to remove and replace Carefree Omega I fabric.  Does anyone have a copy available? The email address is [email protected]    Thanks a lot.

I noticed a couple of you indicated that you had a PDF file outlining how to replace Omega I slide out fabric. I would appreciate a copy of that file very much. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom