Replacing the landing gear on my 2010 fifth wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am very interested in these responses.

Right now, my landing gear has 19" of travel.  On level ground, i.e. campground, the frame is 23" above the ground to get clearance to hitch up.  At home, a couple inches higher.  On a level site, the frame is 12" above the ground when level.  At home, with the slant to our yard, the frame is about 2" above the ground when level.  Every hitch / unhitch at home requires two lifts, sitting the front frame on a concrete block to get the landing gear height readjusted.  I see several replacement landing gears with 30 + inches of travel.

The gears stripped on mine,left side.I was able to get it  high enough to hook up  to my truck and let  it back  down.
Removed the complete landing gear,bought a gear kit from a local dealer,replaced all the gears,reinstalled  the landing gear unit,takes about 2 hours.
This was about 6 years ago,traded the fifth wheel and  F350 on a new class A

The leg on the drivers day collapsed while I was raising it. it dropped about 4" then settled back on to the one leg. I placed it back on the truck and leveled the truck then continued the vaca. I will be replacing both legs and replacing the legs and a new aluminum gear box.

Gordiegaffer said:
check how much it would cost to put in an auto leveling system you will thank your self later that is the main reason i switched to a MH

??? My 5er came with an auto level system- LCI hydrallic 6 point,, push 1 button
and so do a lot of bumper pulls its not just a MH thing  - hasn't been for years

Back
Top Bottom