Replacing toilet / bolt pattern in flange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bjwinspect

I am replacing my Sealand toilet in my Adventurer with a Dometic.  The Sealand had 4 bolts , the dometic has 2, the pattern in the flange does not align.    I am thinking of  either using toilet bolts that screw into the floor, or  a metal repair flange that can be screwed down over the old one.  This repair flange seems a bit big and it may stick out past the base of the toilet. (I have not checked yet)        In a house the toilet flange is glued to the drain pipe and can not be rotated.  Is the flange in a RV attached to the tank / pipe or can it be turned if I remove the screws that hold it to the floor.    Also... the rubber toilet seal is not fitting tightly, between the base of the toilet and the flange.  This is probably because I installed plank laminate which raised the floor wtih the flange screwed to the original floor.  Maybe adding a additional toilet flange gasket?

Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks 

I believe the sealand has four bolts THAT ARE CAPTURED IN A SLOTTED FLANGE,, does the slots align up with the two bolts you have in the new set up??>>>Dan

The 4 bolt are at 2,4,8,&10 o?lock positions

The 2 bolts are at 3&9

There are no slots at 3 & 9 for the new bolts to slide into

There are a variety of solutions to this problem, a lot has to do with how the toilet flange is installed on your particular brand and model of coach.  Some people have cut off the flange at floor level and installed a new one.  Some have used heat guns to melt the cement and others have cut new flange bolt slots in the existing flange.  It is hard to say which solution works best in your situation.

Check with a dealer or camping world.  There is a transitional flange you can put over the current flange that has the right holes for your new toilet.  I know this because they used one on my replacement.

I used this adapter from Home Depot when I changed mine.  I had the same bolt pattern as you.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/NEXT-by-Danco-HydroSeat-Toilet-Flange-Repair-10672X/204403879 

Ed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom