Reset Cabin power???????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rustywelds

We just bought a 06 Travel Supreme, we love it. When I parked it I push the "power switch" by the door. This is a spring return switch. It killed the cabin light alright, but now I can't find how to restart the power to make them work.
Anyone know what to do?

Sounds like that might be your 12v kill switch? Typically used during storage, to reduce any drain on the batteries. Does anything happen when you spring-press it again?

The IRV2 Forum has a forum specifically for Travel Supreme owners. You don't have to sign up to read the posts. If you find the on dated 11-29-20 titled Master power switch at door by Kolly, it is about the same issue. It sounds like the same thing Scottdly is saying. Let us know what you find out.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f274/master-power-switch-at-door-516398.html I hope the link works, I'm not real tech savvy.

Is this a rocker switch may be labeled USE/Store.. if so the other half of the switch SHOULD restore power.. alas mine failed young... So here is not how I fixed it. this is way easier.

0: Before you start first make sure the batteries are not complete toast.
1: Lift battery negative leads. both house and chassis..
2: unplug
3: Cycle the switch both ways like 100 times (well 50 should do)
4: reconnect batteies and try again JOY.. great
Plug in.

If it does not work your FREE is cheerfully refunded

Why might it work.... The switch is a self cleaning design but sometimes after long time sitting on a shelf or somewhere they get dirty and 50-100 cycles WITHOUT POWER will clean them.

That switch is typically an on/off, so just push it again to reactivate. If that doesn't work, it could be dead batteries, faulty switch, or faulty relay. And thatswitch circuit needs power once the main power is off, or t can't turn anything back on. Some RVs have a fuse that provides that power, but I don't know where that might be on a 2006 TS.

We were loading our coach last night and last thing DH did was turn off all the light, all of them. This morning no lights no matter what he did. Ah hah, I thought, I remember reading about this! He read the tread and was able to find the relay and we have lights! I think I'll put a piece of black tape (for death if you turn this off) as a visual reminder not to touch.
This forum & the collective wisdom/experience is THE BEST!
Thanks

Hello, All my advisors. It took a combination of all for me to really get my old brain in gear. John from Detroit reminding me of something that really cleared my mind. Oxidation, This coach has been inside for the past 8 months. Working the switch about 50 times worked out the crud. Also found a small pinhole in the bottom that I could squirt a small amount of anti-corrision liquid up into the solenoid. Which I hope will cure the problem. The location of the cutoff solenoids on my coach is located in the #2 compartment on the passenger side, to the rear side about in the middle. There should be two, one operates the interior lights and the other is the main solenoid shot off. (It much larger) These are also located in the same area as the power Invertor and water pump. I operated the lights from all positions and everything worked great.
Thanks again to all.

Back
Top Bottom