Restoring Motorhome Progress and questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nissanboy240

After frame repair + reinforcement
20210702_154750.jpg
After exterior wall and insulation:
20210726_105502.jpg
Hey guys! New to the forums.
I have 2 question. I just finished up repairing the rotted frame and upgrading the insulation. I just finished putting the exterior wall.
1st question: Should I waterproof the wood with deck paint, house wrap or something similar to protect the wood and ensure no rotting in the future?
2nd questions: I have a corregated fiberglass outer wall, does it need to be laminated to the RV?
Thanks guys!!

I would definitely seal the wood with a water resistant sealant not a house wrap.
And not sure about the laminate I would reach out to a tiny home builder for their option.

I have my hands full with tiny issues compared to you and I am only a marginal handyman. My logic (which is occasionally wrong) tells me any fiberglass exterior should be laminated to the underlayment. Lamination will distribute the load over a wide area rather than just on fasteners. With constant vibration and twisting, I think this is important. It might even reduce noise or vibration.

Please continue to post photos of your progress. I am both impressed and interested. I need a hand from you for about one good day ;)

Back
Top Bottom