Gary,I was glad to see you resolved the engine light and poor mileage problems. Then I read the rest of your post. Ouch!!!!. Hope you can get that slide in without having to rely on that bandit. Also hope you can get the roof repaired where you can rely on a facility that you know. I may be mistaken John but recall seeing that WBO has had issues with some of their roofs coming off. If so, maybe you could figure out how to lay off some of the costs on WBO. Hopefully you'll get that slide issue resolved and be on your way with no other problems. Good luck.
Chas, thanks for the tip. Jackie already gave me that link and I have looked at a few listings. I have to wait until the coach is towed to the dealer and they have a chance to look at it before determining the length of any stay I will have at a hotel or airbnb. We're towing on Monday and hoping to stay in the coach that night, so Tuesday will be the first day we'll need lodging. I'll begin making calls then.John, look on bringfido.com
Jackie, the only thing that will go wrong with the slide not being repaired is the loss of fluid from the broken seal on the actuator. It is leaking as I sit here on my concrete pad in 370 Lakeside RV Park in St. Charles, MO. Although the slide isn't all the way in and sealing the section, it is sufficiently in to not allow water to seep in. I can hear road noise from it not being all the way in on the front bottom corner, but the top is all the way in so it is as sealed as ever. I doubt we'll have issues from the weather and it's in enough that I don't think we'll have a rodent problem. If HWH thought this was something that was important to do quickly, they would have made room for me while we were headed that direction in South Dakota before dropping south to get to St. Louis. When I first contacted them, they told me they were about 2 months out on repair appointments. The same as they are with parts shipments.John, what a nightmare for you guys.
Is it ok to leave the slide repair that long?
Gary, I'm going to attempt to light the water heater with a long barreled butane fire starter that we carry with us in case we want to start a campfire or the electric starter on the grill goes out. That will tell me if it's the starter if it lights. If it doesn't light, then I'm not getting propane and I'll get a can of compressed air and blow it out. If that doesn't work, I'll be at a loss because this heater is only three years old.John, I'm glad you're mobile again. You've experienced my worst nightmares. I don't do well with mechanical issues. Fortunately we've had very few major issues.
Our water heater is likely the same as yours. It is a gas electric and we've had issues with the gas. If you remove the outside cover, you might be able to resolve the problem with a can of compressed air. Some times dirt or a spider web can obstruct the propane flow. I've used compressed air to blow out whatever was causing the problem.
Not sure how you're coping with the heat. We were in Santa Fe and had to decide to discontinue our trip or deal with dry camping in 90º weather. We don't reserve and we were having difficulty finding parks. That will likely change in the future. I don't do well in heat so we returned home after 6 weeks of an unplanned 4 - 5 month outing. Good luck on your remaining journey.
Chas, they are so backed up right now, one of their repair guys has written a post on this site providing his phone number in the hopes of helping anyone who calls him with a problem in order to cut down the number of repairs that must be scheduled. Right now, they are supposedly 2 months out on appointments, the same as how long it takes to ship parts. There is no way they could take me if I drove there. That was my first thought because it would have been only a little out of our way.I would go to HWH on the way since you're in Ia. They might fit you in without an appointment.
I'm not familiar with them other than reading other's posts about them. I'm not sure if they can be applied over the veneer where the roof has blown off completely. The insurance company is paying for a new roof, so I have no reason to argue with them over something that may cost less but not be the same thing. I was happy with the Filon roof because it required less care than a rubber roof.What about those company's that apply a new liquid roof. If it was me I would look in to them.