Revisiting Full Classic Rock Albums from the 60s and 70s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven’t jumped in here as I have been working on finishing the never ending list of projects so I can sell the house. But I have been thinking of music after packing up my 2000 cds.

lets see:
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors & the 4 disk Chain set. I have 43 FM CDs and have seen them 3 times.

Eric Clapton - I like “unplugged”, all the Cream stuff. Prett much everything. Only seen him once where mid show he did the entire “unplugged “ album.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - what to say… Texas Flood

Santana - everything. Saw him a couple of years ago. Wow. Doobie Brothers opened for him.

B. B. King & Buddy Guy - wowzer. Seen them both several times. I miss B. B. King.

I guess I'm too old. Or too busy getting old! I remember a concert I enjoyed at the Bangor auditorium by Bill Haley and the comets (fifties-Rock around the Clock) and then Joan Baez albums in the mid sixties (in my hammock with Millers); but the rest of this is greek. What did I miss with Elvis, Little Richard, the Everly Bros, et al.

Now it's country with Hank, Willie, Patty, Wailing, and their freinds. Do I have to study, or is it just too late? Or are these names greek to you guys?

Ernie

I guess I'm too old. Or too busy getting old! I remember a concert I enjoyed at the Bangor auditorium by Bill Haley and the comets (fifties-Rock around the Clock) and then Joan Baez albums in the mid sixties (in my hammock with Millers); but the rest of this is greek. What did I miss with Elvis, Little Richard, the Everly Bros, et al.

Now it's country with Hank, Willie, Patty, Wailing, and their freinds. Do I have to study, or is it just too late? Or are these names greek to you guys?

Ernie
Ernie, We are Never too Old to Rock and Roll. Said by somebody Wise I am sure.

Ernie, We are Never too Old to Rock and Roll. Said by somebody Wise I am sure.
Twenty years ago I saw Bill Haley and His Comets in concert. Bill was long dead so it was just the Comets. They were all in their late 70s and early 80s and were still bringing it. One song they ended with an accent that they all punctuated by jumping up in the air and landing on the beat. They jumped about four times. I don't think any of them got more that a foot in the air. It was actually funny and tender at the same time.

Twenty years ago I saw Bill Haley and His Comets in concert. Bill was long dead so it was just the Comets. They were all in their late 70s and early 80s and were still bringing it. One song they ended with an accent that they all punctuated by jumping up in the air and landing on the beat. They jumped about four times. I don't think any of them got more that a foot in the air. It was actually funny and tender at the same time.
Tom,

Now that we have veered into this sub topic, I do remember one performance at the Cotton Bowl where the Bachman Turner Overdrive was Border line if they were really Taking Care of Business, or not. Very Border line, but it was about 100F too. They were a afternoon Filler act at the 86 show. They did have some hits back in the day.

I never said anything about Jumping around :p. People can definitely get too old for that. I think I may be rapidly approaching that age, if I am not there already.

I feel like the guy Sitting down in the Chair on that progressive TV Commercial where the men are all rating his "Groan" as he sits down. A 1000x laughs. I love the part where "Dr. Rick" throws the sign in the Garbage can, LOL.

Tom,

Now that we have veered into this sub topic, I do remember one performance at the Cotton Bowl where the Bachman Turner Overdrive was Border line if they were really Taking Care of Business, or not. Very Border line, but it was about 100F too. They were a afternoon Filler act at the 86 show. They did have some hits back in the day.
I recently bought a double album of BTO in surround and it is fantastic. I had never heard any of their albums and I was shocked at how much I love it. Great guitars.

One of my Favorite Artists. Bryan Adams (BA), has a extensive Album offering. Great Live shows as i have seen him three times.

1. 1995-ish we saw BA with full Elec band at Palapartanome, Naples Italy. It was a huge tent, Maybe 5000 people in the thing?

2. Saw his Bare bones Tour (BA on Acoustic along with his Piano Player only) at the Majestic Theater in Downtown San Antonio in the 2010s. Great Place to take in a show. Check it out if you are looking for stuff to do in San Antonio.

3. The last time was around 2014ish (30th Anniversary of Reckless Album- Played entire Album Plus Bunch of his other Hits) Went and saw him outdoors at The Mitchell Pavillion (Full Elec Band) in the Woodlands, North Houston. My Personal Favorite venue to take in a show.

BA=Lots-O-Hits

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom