Revisiting Full Classic Rock Albums from the 60s and 70s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Motorcycle helmets, a dog, a Chevy and Gwen isn't bad on the eyes. LOL

Funny stuff:
Note: The second video gets pretty funny at 6 minutes. There's a lot of talent in that SUV. If you can watch the whole thing I think you would enjoy it.

Last edited:
Ed,

I think the year before they were $12.50. I had the stubs myself but they fell victim to a over zealous cleaning event and they went out with the garbage.

I remember the Blisters from the Texas Jams 1,2,3! Full Upper body peel. You had to pay that price for Rock and Roll!

Concert Pricing is extreme now days. I have paid $300 ish per tix for both Aerosmith and Bon Jovi. I have also paid $200 for tix in the Nose Bleed top of AT&T San Antonio for Billy Joel and Van Valen. I have been to so many that I am thinking I may have seen all of the concerts I am going to see. Heck all my Idol are dying off anyway. RIP x 2: Eddie Van Halen and Money.

I think my last concert 2014 was Alice Cooper and Motley Crue (All Bad things Must End Tour) at The Woodlands, Mitchell Pavilion (North Houston). Great Place to See a outdoor event! Stay at the Marriott and walk over to the Venue out the Parking Garage. The security was so tight for Motely Crue, as the event team was searching people for contraband at the gates. I missed half the set of the warm up group (AC) waiting in line. They were making people turn their pockets inside out and look in their hats. I was at the venue a 45 min to hour early to boot.

I got the T-shirt anyway...LOL.

JD
JD - I remember saving for that $15.00. I worked at a truck stop in Lindale TX, and my priority was my car payment. But I scrimped and saved, and got that ticket. Me and a buddy of mine went there in his '67 Chevy Impala SS. We stayed overnight at some motel, and I have no idea who paid for the room or who they even were. There was about 8 of us in the room though. I don't even remember getting home.

I really wanted to see Van Halen when they came through here in 2015. They played at the Mitchell Pavilion in the Woodlands. I heard the concert was so-so at best, but it wouldn't have mattered. They were the first band I ever saw at a concert, and likely would have been the last. I tried to get tickets, but they sold out faster than I could get to a reservation outlet. Something like 4 hours and the tickets were gone.

Anyway, the good old days, right??

Ed, Did you see the Firework Banner that Boston Shot up in the Sky come back in flames to the crowd?

"Thank you Texxas From Boston"

It had those folks scrambling, LOL!

That Flaming piece came back to the left of the stage, up in the seating area about the Goal Line to 5 Yard Line Area.

JD
You know JD, I seem to have some vague memories of it, but I can't remember it for sure. You have to remember, there was a lot of "stuff" being passed around and much of it you didn't even have to touch. You just absorbed it through osmosis! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Seriously... that is funny... just a Cincinnati boy.

Last edited:
You know JD, I seem to have some vague memories of it, but I can't remember it for sure. You have to remember, there was a lot of "stuff" being passed around and much of it you didn't even have to touch. You just absorbed it through osmosis! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
The Mitchell Pavilion (The Woodlands) is a super place to take in a show or play! They pumped a bunch of money in the place after one of the many Hurricanes that seem to roll thru that area and Hit Ike's house repeatedly. The Young / Old guy is a hurricane magnet for sure.

I took in a Brian Adams, Motley Crue, 2009 Aerosmith with ZZ TOP kicking off the night. Can't beat the environment. The shows at the The Woodlands are Great. My Favorite Place to attend a show for sure. We always stayed at the Marriott that is connected "almost" to the venue. Much easier to stagger back on foot.

We came up from San Angelo for Texxas Jam 1. Not sure where we bought our Tickets, but 250 mile trips to see those bands and under $20 bucks for Jam 1, 2, 3 were a bargain. Jam 3 I was living in Ft Worth / Hurst so I met a buddy at the Cotton Bowl somehow? Funny how you mention you don't have anything but a scattered memories. I remember nothing either about any of the drives homes, other than I am sure glad we made it back without any drama. Knock Wood!

Sharing another concert truth...We drove home from Midland TX to San Angelo home after midnight AC DC Concert, NO HEADLIGHTS on the Truck of my Friend Chris.

We followed another home town Friend the 100 plus miles home...Highway to Hell Tour AC DC from Midland TX. I have never been to a more LOUD concert in my life. My ears Rang for 3 days afterwards. The music was so loud and distorted you had to recognize the beat, melody of the song to follow along. ACDC has pumped out nothing but crap after the Back in Black Offering they put out after Bon's Death. Few scattered songs here and there. I am not a fan of Brian what ever his name is, Bon's Replacement. I like the old stuff.

JD

Last edited:
The Mitchell Pavilion (The Woodlands) is a super place to take in a show or play! They pumped a bunch of money in the place after one of the many Hurricanes that seem to roll thru that area and Hit Ike's house repeatedly. The Young / Old guy is a hurricane magnet for sure.

I took in a Brian Adams, Motley Crue, 2009 Aerosmith with ZZ TOP kicking off the night. Can't beat the environment. The shows at the The Woodlands are Great. My Favorite Place to attend a show for sure. We always stayed at the Marriott that is connected "almost" to the venue. Much easier to stagger back on foot.

We came up from San Angelo for Texxas Jam 1. Not sure where we bought our Tickets, but 250 mile trips to see those bands and under $20 bucks for Jam 1, 2, 3 were a bargain. Jam 3 I was living in Ft Worth / Hurst so I met a buddy at the Cotton Bowl somehow? Funny how you mention you don't have anything but a scattered memories. I remember nothing either about any of the drives homes, other than I am sure glad we made it back without any drama. Knock Wood!

Sharing another concert truth...We drove home from Midland TX to San Angelo home after midnight AC DC Concert, NO HEADLIGHTS on the Truck of my Friend Chris.

We followed another home town Friend the 100 plus miles home...Highway to Hell Tour AC DC from Midland TX. I have never been to a more LOUD concert in my life. My ears Rang for 3 days afterwards. The music was so loud and distorted you had to recognize the beat, melody of the song to follow along. ACDC has pumped out nothing but crap after the Back in Black Offering they put out after Bon's Death. Few scattered songs here and there. I am not a fan of Brian what ever his name is, Bon's Replacement. I like the old stuff.

JD
Great song. I always like live versions.

When I was young, I was wild and crazy; I'm less crazy now.

Last edited:
Great song. I always like live versions.

When I was young, I was wild and crazy; I'm less crazy now.

I disagree with his politics but Neil has talent.

Back then I was a short haired nerd surgery orderly motor cross guy.

Last edited:
Would love to have a time machine, and be at a Pink Floyd concert pre ‘Dark Side of The Moon’.
Saucer Full of Secrets
Piper at the Gates of Dawn
Are just two of my fav PF albums

Would love to have a time machine, and be at a Pink Floyd concert pre ‘Dark Side of The Moon’.
Saucer Full of Secrets
Piper at the Gates of Dawn
Are just two of my fav PF albums
You skipped Obscured by Clouds. I got my first PF albums(all of the above)in a trade deal with a neighbor kid, and have been a fan ever since.

If you're ever near a place and see an ad for a Brit Floyd concert, go. I saw PF in the 70's, and this tribute band is the closest to the real thing you'll ever see.
Just heard that Gilmour has once again confirmed that he'll never play with Waters again, so I guess a reunion tour is out for good.

Obscured by Clouds, and Pulse are on my wish list, I have Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, DSOM, Wall, Division Bell, Endless River, Wish You Where Here, Animals.

Have heard Gilmour state, now that Rick Wright is gone there is no more Pink Floyd. Nick Mason has at times said a similar statement.

Last edited:
Tom we will provide you "a pass" (wink) adding Gloria Estefan to a Rock and Roll Thread, only because she is easy on the eyes.

I will say, the Song offering you add is Soothing on the mind though.

I find myself getting out of my Rock and Roll genre and listening to a wide variety of stuff now days.

Travis Tritt, I did not know anything about that guy to include his name up until 12 months ago.

Here is a Good Travis Tritt Link.

I like this scene too.

Nice version. Not many people know this but the version of 'The Sound of Silence' that was a big hit in 1965/66 was the second version of the song. The original version had no bass, drums or electric guitar. This version was released in 1964 and did not chart. It was remixed to add the bass, drums and guitar and it was a smash. I can't imagine how S&G felt with their version being bastardized, but it was a hit and put them on the map. If you listen to this with your head in between the two speakers you will hear Artie in the right speaker and Paul in the left speaker. In the hit version the voices are mixed together in the middle. This is my favorite version:

Here is the hit version:

BTW the song is 'The Sound of Silence' and the album is 'Sounds of Silence'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom