Revisiting Full Classic Rock Albums from the 60s and 70s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure if this group, local to me, ever made it in America. The Very Best of album is good.

Last edited:
Of course they made it to America. I actually saw them in concert in 1979 at the Texxas Jam (Texas World Music Festival). Awesome hard rockers. Hair of the Dog!
Good to know! One of the band members still plays locally, Pete Agnew. I've never seen him, in fact I only read yesterday that he was in the band 🙈

I recently bought a copy of Passion and Warfare album by Steve Vai. It is one of my all time favorite guitar album and I went to YouTube to find a copy to post here and was shocked that some dude posted him playing to backing tracks of the whole album in one take. This dude is shocking. Around 22 minute mark he plays For The Love Of God and he nails it. I spent a year learning how to play it and I did memorize the whole song but I sucked. I am jealous.

One of my Favorite Artists. Bryan Adams (BA), has a extensive Album offering. Great Live shows as i have seen him three times.

1. 1995-ish we saw BA with full Elec band at Palapartanome, Naples Italy. It was a huge tent, Maybe 5000 people in the thing?

2. Saw his Bare bones Tour (BA on Acoustic along with his Piano Player only) at the Majestic Theater in Downtown San Antonio in the 2010s. Great Place to take in a show. Check it out if you are looking for stuff to do in San Antonio.

3. The last time was around 2014ish (30th Anniversary of Reckless Album- Played entire Album Plus Bunch of his other Hits) Went and saw him outdoors at The Mitchell Pavillion (Full Elec Band) in the Woodlands, North Houston. My Personal Favorite venue to take in a show.

BA=Lots-O-Hits
I always liked that song. That girl has beautiful eyes.

I'm a sucker for beautiful eyes.; not sure why. It's like looking into their brain.

I don't want to compare women to dogs but I have a nack for reading eyes. I grew up with dogs all my life and can read them like a book.

Last edited:
Classic rock albums are like potato chips. You can't have just one.
Mood dictates choice, but my Klipsch/Kenwood equipment from 78 has been lovingly restored, and tweeked with some mods to deliver. I built a music server, ripped everything to FLAC and use a Maverick DAC with a Russian tube in the output stage for a more analog sound.
Steve Miller - Fly Like an Eagle
Rush - 2112
Ted Nugent - Stranglehold
Boston - Boston
And about 1000 others.

Classic rock albums are like potato chips. You can't have just one.
Mood dictates choice, but my Klipsch/Kenwood equipment from 78 has been lovingly restored, and tweeked with some mods to deliver. I built a music server, ripped everything to FLAC and use a Maverick DAC with a Russian tube in the output stage for a more analog sound.
Steve Miller - Fly Like an Eagle
Rush - 2112
Ted Nugent - Stranglehold
Boston - Boston
And about 1000 others.

All great albums. Funny story...well, funny to me. I first got turned on to Rush when my brother and I were walking on the beach near Sarasota, FL., and I kinda kicked up something under the sand. It turned out to be a cassette tape. The tape was pulled out like cassettes are prone to do. I did the old pencil rewind, and popped the tape in my brother's stereo, and listened to an almost perfect cassette of 2112.

I started putting my old albums on to digital, but after working 8 (some days...usually more), I just didn't have the energy to do it. I will finish it when I retire in about 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom