Ridgeway, CO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowell

Does anyone have recommendations for campgrounds they like around Ridgeway, Co?

Jake

The State park at Ridgeway reservoir is very nice.  I like Pu Ca Chu Pac <sp> below the dam best on the river, but the sites on the lake are nice as well

Bob

Ridgway State Park is very nice....especially when there's water in the reservoir. There are also several Forest Service campgrounds in the area in the Uncompaghre forest....very nice if you have a modest sized RV and don't need hookups. Just leave the campfire ingredients at home....most areas in Colorado are under a fire ban due to draught (still).

Wendy,

How's Route 550 between Durango and Silverton in regards to pulling a TT through there?  I see one of the passses in in excess of 10,000 ft. 

Jake

Highway 550 is a mountain road with steep sections. However, people with trailers do it all the time, as do semis and buses . I don't know if I'd do it if I was a flatlander. And the worst section of the road is probably the section that drops down into Ouray...steep and windy. They don't call Ouray "Little Switzerland" for nothing. But if you have good brakes, it's a gorgeous drive.

Thanks Wendy, I think we will give it a try.  I've driven it before but never with a TT.
Jake

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom