RIFTRAFTERS CAMPGROUND - FAYETTEVILLE, WV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7THSON

Has anyone been to the Riftrafters Campground located in Fayetteville, WV? Would like to know if you have to go up a mountainous road to get there.

Has anyone been to the Riftrafters Campground located in Fayetteville, WV? Would like to know if you have to go up a mountainous road to g

Has anyone been to the Riftrafters Campground located in Fayetteville, WV? Would like to know if you have to go up a mountainous road to get there.
We camped there 2 years ago. The road to the campground is narrow but not mountainous. The drive up to the campground is steep and curvy but only @ 1/2 mile long

Haven’t been there, but we are currently at River Expeditions outfitters just about 4 miles from there. If you see this place on the campground apps, it does have w/e sites, and a dump station. However, the sites are VERY unlevel. There is also a very steep gravel drive up to the RV section from the office that we had to get a running start to get up. The sites are ”pick one out” and since we got here around 1:30, we had our pick off the six. We tried a couple and were finally able to get fairly level on Site 1. It took every leveling board and block I had, plus 6 more 4x4’s some kind soul had left to do it.

Haven’t been there, but we are currently at River Expeditions outfitters just about 4 miles from there. If you see this place on the campground apps, it does have w/e sites, and a dump station. However, the sites are VERY unlevel. There is also a very steep gravel drive up to the RV section from the office that we had to get a running start to get up. The sites are ”pick one out” and since we got here around 1:30, we had our pick off the six. We tried a couple and were finally able to get fairly level on Site 1. It took every leveling board and block I had, plus 6 more 4x4’s some kind soul had left to do it.
The gravel drive and all, is that River Expeditions Outfitter you are taking about?

Yes it is. Just thought I’d clue you in on this place in case you were also considering it since it’s also in the area. FWIW, it’s an easy pull to get here, just be aware of the hill up to the rv sites.

Back
Top Bottom