RIVER PARK INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karsty

My 2012 Winnebago ERA came with the River Park Infotainment system preinstalled from Winnebago. It has the optional Navigation system, bluetooth, DVD player, backup camera etc. etc.

Right from day one I never liked the system. It was hard for me to transition from the best system I ever had in the 2011 Toyota Siena van. Nonetheless I persevered and tried using it. I have had the factory rep to my house for the NAV software because of problems. He supposedly updated the software and it seemed OK for a short while. After that I was having problems with the touch screen. The buttons didn't seem to lineup and it was difficult to use. I discovered that there was a screen alignment feature and tried that. It worked for awhile and now I find that the left side of the screen is non responsive at all ... or at least most of the time. I am not able to use the NAV system. I can't get the radio to come up ... it is a total mess!!!

I have contacted River Park for assistance and perhaps repair/replacement. The system is one year and one week old ... probably out of warranty by the one week no doubt.

QUESTION: ... has anyone else had problems with the River Park Infotainment system?? Any comments and thoughts would be appreciated.

River Park is a distributor of audio, video and other electronic systems and components to the RV industry, mostly standard stuff configured for RVs to the RV manufacturer's specs. I've had their help on some issues with the Sony dash radio and Satellite radio gear they supplied for my coach. Mostly they've been helpful as far as installation problems and component failures, but design issues with the individual component are beyond them. They can't or won't do more than the component supplier provides.

Have you also worked with Winnebago on the problems? They have as much responsibility as River Park when you are dissatisfied.

Quite frankly Gary I would rather take a ride over Niagara Falls in a canoe than work with Winnebago. Whenever I have contacted them they have been of no help whatsoever. The dealer I purchased the unit from is worse. I am seriously looking at getting rid of my ERA and looking at one of the Leisure Travel Van models.

I have had so many small things go wrong with the ERA that I am just waiting for the BIG ONE to happen. Some of the issues ... plugged/non functioning macerator pump. The dealer claims it was plugged AND I NEVER USED IT. Cost me $151.00. I don't use the toilet facilities at all. (I'm guessing that the driver(s) that drove the unit from Forest City may have used the facilities .... I wasn't aware that there was anything in the black tanks.) Leaking water around the water filter ... their solution was to remove the filter and by-pass. It still leaks. Broken bathroom door fastener. Their answer when I called to order, "Well you know there is shipping fees and brokerage fees ... blah, blah, blah, ..." all this for a .50? piece of plastic. Loose 12 V receptacle plug in the rear. Still not fixed. The list goes on. Loose screws on the furnace grate that requires tightening almost every day.

All the issues above I have either taken care of them myself or had someone else take care of them. Still haven't got the plastic door fastener ... but a quick stop at my RV dealer when they hold there next open house and a screwdriver will solve that problem in about 30 seconds. Now it  will be their problem!!!!

My first experience with RVing has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. Maybe if the Winnebago were closer or they had more dealers in my area that I  could get some satisfactory results from would make it better. But I have pretty much had it with them.

I agree that these may be minor issues but when the dealer can't take the time to fix them or I have to wait 6 weeks to get an appointment ... there is something wrong.

Thanks anyway ... sorry for the rant ... but I've had it with Winnebago and the dealer.

Sorry to hear that.  Those sound like fairly common sorts of problems with a mobile house, but the dealer should have done better for you. Most people feel that Winnie themselves will bend over backward to help, but I've never done any business with them myself.

I just purchased a 2014 Era with this Infotainment Unit. While I was happy to have the features in one unit, particularly the Bluetooth, it is not the most intuitive device. However, it worked well for about a month, but yesterday it locked up in PIP display, with half of the displayed features not working. So, I guess I will be on the phone tomorrow with River Park. Although this thread is old, it came up on search. Anyone else have any feedback about this unit or advice for possible display key combinations for a hard reset? Guidito

My system is STILL the not functioning properly. Worst system I have ever had in a vehicle. Aside from the GPS not being intuitive as you suggested, the buttons seems to be misaligned and not responding to my touch. I've tried realigning the buttons as per the instructions to no avail. I have since replaced the GPS with a standalone Rand McNally RV 7720 which is OK ... still not the best I've had but it is better than the River Park system.

When I can afford to, I will be replacing the whole unit. Just not sure with what. Not the highest priority for me right now.

I wish you luck ...

Have you tried calling River Park for help? They have helped me in the past with satellite radio problems on my Sony dash sound system (configured and installed by River Park wehn the coach was built).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom