Road trek 190 Versatile hot floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annielee

Good evening,
I drove my van from Ny to FL and back and the floor got so hot behind driver seats. I have read possible clogged converter. No heat Sheilds missing.
? can should I use a cat cleaner ?
? mouse nest really???
? is this a reasonable fix or will it end up costing a lot?
also my sewer pipe disintegrated.
we had a lot of laughs but I want this van to last me or I’m selling it.
thank you!

Attachments

• 3DA0B934-5853-46E0-861A-C28D658994B7.jpeg
    3DA0B934-5853-46E0-861A-C28D658994B7.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 21
I am not a fan of aftermarket 'cleaners'. They can do more harm. If it runs good, no check engine lights, you might look into adding some extra heat shields to the area. A good local mechanic should be able to advise. I would try and keep away from a RV repair shop, they tend not to be the best sources for guidance.

Thank you! I don’t want to do more harm. It’s not spunky but it’s a huge van. No lights just super hot and I don’t want any explosions.
Thank you!

I would try a shop that specializes in exhaust installations. You may have run over something or have a faulty exhaust pipe hanger that bends the exhaust pipe too close to the floor.

I think those catalytic converter cleaners are designed mostly to clean out your wallet or purse. In any case, they probably are not going to help your hot floor problem. The converter should be much further back; further, a clogged cat usually results in severe symptoms such as loss of power, smoky exhaust and warning lights on the dashboard.

Get the exhaust inspected. A leak could burn a hole in the floor and start a fire. I have seen it happen.

I’m guessing you lost some heat shielding. Roadtrek drops that floor 4” down the center of van and floor is close to the exhaust, but adds heat shields for protection.
We have two Roadtreks (210 popular) in our family and no hot floor problems.

Well , she is selling and moving,,, so no farther responses are needed..>>>Dan
Thank you. I would still like to advise new buyers. I’m staying in NY but need to come up with a fair down payment for a bigger home for me and my kids. Wish I could keep it. Hopefully after I get settled I will have another one someday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom