Roadside Service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oldude

Which Roadside Service is the best for Tire service on a Motorhome?  AAA says theirs doesn't do Motorhomes...

We have had CoachNet for about 8 years and have used them several times for tire service.  The most recently just last week when we had a flat on the Honda.  One phone call and a truck was there in about 1/2 hour to inflate the tire.  We just sign and go, no additional cost.  Of course, the same applies to the motorhome tires.  And CoachNet does so much more than just dispatch tire and tow trucks.  We consider CoachNet a must have for any motorhome user.

But Ned you miss out on all the Junk mail one would get by going through GS. ;D ;D ;D

We also use Coachnet and highly recommend them.

Used CoachNet again today.  See my message (not written yet) about our trip today.

AAA does, or at least did, offer an RV rider on their membership at least in some states.

Hoiwever Coachnet and other roadside service plans are better bargains

I forget how much AAA charged for RV coverage and then they did not have a lot of service trucks which could handle a 20 thousand lb rig, but other plans were cheaper when I researched.

One thing about AAA, Each state has slightly different plans, IN some cases there may be 2 or more different AAA's in the same state in fact.  I belong to AAA Michigan so it is them I researched.

But  should my rig need a tow.. It's not AAA I call

Oldude said:
Which Roadside Service is the best for Tire service on a Motorhome?? AAA says theirs doesn't do Motorhomes...

Olddude:

I have a $2.00 per 6 mos roadside service rider on my GMAC policy thru Camping World. Have never had a problem with them -- and the price is right. My "next to last" tire change and repair of a wheel well on my MH from a blowout cost $588 as it happened half way between Needles and Barstow. They reimbursed w/o question.

Have searched the other reply's harolding CoachNet to find a price to compare with $2.00  ???

CoachNet is so much more than roadside assistance.

Ned said:
CoachNet is so much more than roadside assistance.

For example??? Of those that have posted here, has anyone had need for any of the "other than roadside assistance" services?

And what is the cost of CoachNet???

Bob,

I haven't yet used any of CoachNet's services, but I'm sure the day will come. I honestly can't remember what the annual fee is but, if it's more than GS, it's still worth it not to have to deal with the junk mail.

Sounds like you have a good deal with the GMAC rider, but I'm quite happy with my current insurance carrier.

Bob

I called them when I needed to bleed the air from my fuel system & they walked me through the process... have also used them to find & make service appointments for me.

Terry
At Sutherlin, OR

Bob

One of the things Ned and I like about Coach Net is they can usually get us into a repair shop that day or early the next morning whenever we have a problem.  If it is something with the engine they will connect us to the service center to let us know if we can drive to the center or if it has to be towed.

Oldude said:
OKIE DOKIE.....YA'LL WON OUT AGAIN....I WENT WITH COACH-NET

From the posts I've seen, am sure you will be happy with your choice. Do you mind posting the annual fee?

Ron:
What is your annual fee?

Ned and Lorna:
What is your annual fee?

Tom:
What is  your annual fee -- only if  you can remember a ball park figure?

Terry:
What is your annual fee?

Am paying $4.00/year, and am wondering if the incremental price you are paying warrants the extra services you list. You must be paying around $15.00 or so per year for all that good stuff  :)

Bob

My first year of CoachNet was free, courtesy of Monaco, which beats $4 for your first year  ;D

I don't recall what I paid for my second year, but CN's web site shows new member pricing for the Monaco plan to cost $79.50/year.

Bob

We pay $273.50 for three yrs. ?We feel that it is well worth it especially since we used it twice in the last week. ?Last week a truck came out to blow up our car tire at no cost to us and this week to get an appointment almost instantly for engine repair on the coach. ?Without Coach Net we would have had to wait at least a couple of weeks for an appointment.

Bob,

We pay the same as the Reiters and probably other Coachnet users.  However,  If we need assistance like a tow for several miles we don't have to pay then hope to get reimbursed some time in the future.  Also I have heard horror stories of those coverages on the insurance rider that send a small tow truck out to tow a 20K + lb motorhome.  Reimbursements being made 6 months or longer after the event.  With Coachnet you can talk to a tech that has knowledge of MH/s that can help decide what is the possible problem as well as call appropriate help or take appropriate action as Ned pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom