Rolling Thunder Ride

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Johnson

I leave in the morning for a motorcycle  ride to DC for Memorial Day celebrations at the Viet Nam Memorial.  Please join me, at least in your thoughts, in honoring our Veterans from all past and present conflicts.  Their sacrifices should never be forgotten or taken for granted.

Have a good ride, and be safe, Jim.  We'll probably celebrate Memorial Day somewhere in BC.

We're with you, Jim, at least in spirit. We can never repay what we owe our veterans.

Thanks for the reminder Jim. Have a safe trip.

Jim,
? I will be there also. Leaving in the am (Fri). Will be staying at Andrewes Air Force Base in the CG.? ?

?
PancakeBill said:
Have a great ride, someday I will join in.  I challenge anyone to view the Wall with a dry eye. 

Cant be done.

Returned from D.C. yesterday.  1850 miles total.  Visited Arlington Cemetary, Tomb of the Unknown, Viet Nam Memorial.  30,000 bikes in memorial ride.  The support exhibited from the attending crowds was awesome.  Made me feel very proud.  Attached picture is of North parking lot at the Pentagon.  Took over 2 1/2 houirs from first bike out to last bike out. 

Attachments

• pano.jpg
    pano.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 36
Quite impressive Jim.  We were thinking of you when they covered the Thunder Ride on the news.  Looked for you waving at us but didn't see you. ;)

Jim Johnson said:
I leave in the morning for a motorcycle  ride to DC for Memorial Day celebrations at the Viet Nam Memorial.  Please join me, at least in your thoughts, in honoring our Veterans from all past and present conflicts.  Their sacrifices should never be forgotten or taken for granted.

JJ,

Hope you had a great ride. I will take part in that someday. A friend here in CT was supposed to be there but was run off the road by a truck a few weeks ago. He's recovering well but not in time for the ride. As you said, they will NEVER be forgotten!!!

Back
Top Bottom