Ron's condition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
All:

I just wanted to update everyone on my condition.  Much of my strength has returned and I am generally feeling very well.  Appetite still has to improve some and as much as I have loved coffee all my life, I'm having trouble drinking much of it.  I will visit my surgeon this Tuesday and my cardiologist next week.  I should soon be in rehab.  I currently walk 1 mile per day and plan to increase that this week.  I can stay up all day now and beginning to sleep better.  I started back to driving on Friday, but am limiting my trips to short ones. 

Shirley takes good care of me and I'm thankful to have her.  Wish we could be out on the road and visiting with many of you.  The Lynch's are coming through Dallas tomorrow and we plan to get together for coffee.  :mad:  You would think I could find something better.

Thanks again to all the good wishes and I'm sure I will be better than ever.

With Love,

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery, Ron.  Keep up the walking and stay in touch.

Ron M

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad your recovery is progressing well.  We will miss you at Moab.  I'm sure we will talk about you though. ;D ;D ;D  I haven't had a cup of coffee in over thirty years so it can't be to big of a loss. ;D

Please keep us posted.  Hugs to Shirley and give those girls another treat for me.  After all it will be a long time before we can.

Ron

We will miss you at Moab but are thrilled to hear that you are progressing well. Keep it up and we'll see you next time.

Good news Ron, glad to hear you're well on the road to recovery.

Glad to see your recovery from serious surgery is going so well, Ron.

My wishes are for your full and complete recovery.

Ciao,

Doug

Hi Ron,

Whoopie!!!!? ?What a recovery.? I'm so proud of you for getting out and walking so much so fast.? Knew you were amazing.? I will really miss the ride in the Montero with you and Shirley again in Moab.? And who else will be in the market for shopping for a fountain.? I want to hear about how your fountain works.? We'll miss you but mark your place for next year.? We will also send reports of our activities.? I have a few activities in mind.? tee hee

Betty

Hi Ron,
Really good to hear that you are doing so well, I know Shirley is taking good care of you just as Arlyne does for me. Keep up the good work and spirits and say hello to Shirley from us.

Jerry & Arlyne

Hi Ron,

Glad to hear you're out and about.  Sorry we won't see you at Moab. We were looking forward to trying get some great sunrise/sunset photos with you. We'll just have to make a CD and send them to you. Maybe  :)next year<<GGG>>.

Chet18013

RV Roamer said:
Great Ron. Glad to hear you are solidly on the road to full recovery.? ;)? ?Hope to see you this fall at the Southeast Fall Rally.

Gary:  Would like to be there as long as it doesn't conflict with our Rally in the Valley.  Those dates are Oct 29 thru Nov 1.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear it's going well. I've cut coffee down as well, artly desire and it's part of thse 2 liters total a day, so why wast it?

I got my rehab program on Friday and with the limited ejection factor, the are liniting me to 20 min a day, heart rate of 85-100 max. The six week goal is 30 minuites and retest.

Bev and I split the drive to Roswell and I did a round trip to Santa Fe by mysel last week -with several stops. I was gone eight hrs. [G] Sunday's are getting easier but standing for long periods isn't easy for me yet. I start back to work full time Monday, the 18th. I'll be ready.

God didn't invest all that $ without having something in mind for both of us.

Ron and Bob,
Glad to hear that both of you are doing so well.  Keep up the good work.

Great news.  Sounds as if you're well on the way to recovery.  You'll soon be signing up for a marathon.  Love to you and Shirley

Bob Maxwell said:
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear it's going well. I've cut coffee down as well, artly desire and it's part of thse 2 liters total a day, so why wast it?

I got my rehab program on Friday and with the limited ejection factor, the are liniting me to 20 min a day, heart rate of 85-100 max. The six week goal is 30 minuites and retest.

Bev and I split the drive to Roswell and I did a round trip to Santa Fe by mysel last week -with several stops. I was gone eight hrs. [G] Sunday's are getting easier but standing for long periods isn't easy for me yet. I start back to work full time Monday, the 18th. I'll be ready.

God didn't invest all that $ without having something in mind for both of us.

Yes, you have to watch that investment Bob.  I am now walking up to 2 miles a day and had my meeting with the surgeon yesterday.  He checked me over and said, nothing wrong with me, "Get outa here".  I asked about rehab and he really didn't think I would need much.  Said "You ought to be the star of the class". 

Stay with your rehab.  Remember that I went into surgery in better condition than you.  Won't be long and you'll be your old wonderful self.

Helaine & Wally said:
[
Hi Ron M.
We sure are glad to hear you are coming right along.? Wish you were going to be at Moab but understand these things take time. I have just called Moab and asked for? your spot. They said that would be fine if it is OK with you.
Helaine
? ?

Helaine:    That is good.  Do you want me to call them or will they take your word for it?

Ron

Back
Top Bottom