Roof Repair.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Bruce,

You ay be able to repair using Eternabond tape depending on just how big the damage is.  Eternabond is good stuff.

Bruce Eternabond can be purchased HERE.  You can view videos on using Eternabond HERE VIDEO. Additionally do an advance search on Eternabond and you will find several discussions on it.  Eternabond comes in 4 inch wide tape.

Hope this helps.

Ron said:
Bruce Eternabond can be purchased HERE.  You can view videos on using Eternabond HERE VIDEO. Additionally do an advance search on Eternabond and you will find several discussions on it.  Eternabond comes in 4 inch wide tape.

Hope this helps.

NICE job Ron !!

I learned something today. I was planning on re-coating the roof this spring. Should I put this stuff on first and then roll the recover stuff over it?

mayfair said:
NICE job Ron !!

I learned something today. I was planning on re-coating the roof this spring. Should I put this stuff on first and then roll the recover stuff over it?

I would only use the Eternabod tape to repair damaged areas and to seal around seams or where caulking has been used and such. I think I would use the Eternabond where necessary first then use the recoating.  Maybe others here will have some thoughts.

Ron, the EternaBond videos are fantastic, I have saved them to my 'Favorites' for when I need them (I hope not soon).

weewun said:
Ron, the EternaBond videos are fantastic, I have saved them to my 'Favorites' for when I need them (I hope not soon).

Better thank Tom for posting the original link to them.  I just used advance search to find them and provide a link to them in response to a question.  They are good videos.

Ron said:
I would only use the Eternabod tape to repair damaged areas and to seal around seams or where caulking has been used and such. I think I would use the Eternabond where necessary first then use the recoating. 

That's kinda what I was thinking. I'd use the tape over all of the currently caulked joints ( around vents, A/C ect ) and then I'd roll the roof right on over it.

Can you make a sharp enough turn with the tape to go around vent pipes?

Back
Top Bottom