Roof Vent Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dnr733

Looking for updated opinions on the fan replacement.
I used the Henges one in my last unit and it was good but a bit louder than I like.
I don't want to start pulling up the vent on the roof at this point. So looking for a replacement that does not require the roof vent replacement and is still reversible.
TIA
Dan

I have the Hengs Vortex II and yes, it is louder than desirable. I have never seen any other fan that doesn't require removal of the existing vent frame (meaning I don't know of any other retrofits).

Its not that difficult to remove the entire frame of a vent and once the roof is carefully cleaned up and prepped, a new Fantastic or MaxxFan or MaxxFan Deluxe is easy to install. Its just attention to detail and proper sealing to finish it up.

Charles

You want to replace the motor and fan blade, but not the vent frame & cover? I doubt if that is practical unless you use the same components as the original. The fan mount and wiring harness have to connect to the vent frame so they are designed as a matching pair.

You want to replace the motor and fan blade, but not the vent frame & cover? I doubt if that is practical unless you use the same components as the original. The fan mount and wiring harness have to connect to the vent frame so they are designed as a matching pair.
The Henges Vortex fan fits right into the existing slot and utilizes the same wiring. And I may go with it again. I was just looking for other options. Plenty of YouTube and Web searching going on lol.

I have a fantastic fan in my living area that really moves air and I don't consider it loud. Conversely, the fan in the bathroom is only 4 inches that sounds like and moves about the same amount of air as an angry bumble bee. I was going to swap it out for a fantastic until I saw the price. Now thinking of getting two 4 inch computer-style muffin fans if I can get 12v.

I found a pair of 4" on Amazon that are advertised as waterproof which would be helpful when someone leaves the vent up and it starts raining. I guess this is another project for "The List".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nedh
Back
Top Bottom