Rotten stud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amandadawn

Heyo,
I am very fresh in my motorhome conversion (and pretty inexperienced in carpentry/all things building).
I'm currently removing back the panels where the washroom used to be, and there is one spot where the stud is quite black and soft...I'm wondering if I can just pull the wasted stud out and replace/reinforce there (after taking car of the source of water)?

What would you do?

Even if it seems obvious any thoughts/advice are appreciated!20210428_123300.jpg

Soft, it has been wet. Black, that is mold. Many molds are very bad to breath. Personally, I would replace it, and make sure whatever caused it has stopped leaking. If there are spots that are black but still solid wood, I would slop some Zinsser mold killing primer on it. Here is a Link

You think you have a problem? (Well you do.) But want to feel better about it?
Go to <camperwoman.com>
She bought a relatively new small TT and later discovered that it was in a lot worse condition than she had been lead to understand. She is rebuilding it from the frame up.

Matt

You think you have a problem? (Well you do.) But want to feel better about it?
Go to <camperwoman.com>
She bought a relatively new small TT and later discovered that it was in a lot worse condition than she had been lead to understand. She is rebuilding it from the frame up.

Matt
Honestly, I got this rig for a steal so I am super pleased still, haha but I am honestly considering stripping her all the way down just because I fond once I start tearing I can't stop!

Soft, it has been wet. Black, that is mold. Many molds are very bad to breath. Personally, I would replace it, and make sure whatever caused it has stopped leaking. If there are spots that are black but still solid wood, I would slop some Zinsser mold killing primer on it. Here is a Link
Thank you for the advice, good to know that there's something you can put on to kill the mold!

Back
Top Bottom