RS9000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ctex

New here, and just have a quick question for you folks with slide-ins.

I have a '99 Ram 2500, diesel, with the factory overloads (camper pkg.).  I was going to have a set of Air Lift air bags installed to stop a little of the "roll" when going over dips and thru un-level turns.  The camper is a Lance 3000 and weighs about 2500 lbs loades.  The truck carries the weight fine, with only about a three inch "squat" with the camper loaded.

I found out that the only way the Air Lifts can be installed, is to remove the factory overload springs.  Since I only carry the camper 3 or 4 times a year, I really don't want to do this.  I'm thinking that a set adjustable Rancho RS9000's on the rear might be a good option.  Has anyone set up this way, and did it help?

Thanks and Regards,

Check out the Super Spring.  It installs over the factoru overload spring and only comes into play when you load up.  I had the Firestone air bags on my F250, but went to the SS on the 350.  Helps with the sway, and the squat.  Ran just over $300, installed in minutes.  Just lifth the truck from frame and put them on.  drop the truck and you are in business.

I am contemplating installing the ss or air bag on my GMC 1500 which do you re comend?
How much experience have you had with the ss?
They look to be very easy to install !

I have had my SS's sinse spring.  They are pretty nice, one thing is that they don't do anything till you have a load on.  Airbags need to be drained or no load is a real stiff ride.  If I were to go air bags I would get the ones with the load controller, this is the cockpit mounted guage and fill, drain switch.  Alternative is filling with a pump and letting air out with a stick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom