rubber seal for slide out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PATMAN

I was wondering... my rubber gasket that goes around my Jayco slideout needs to be replaced. Does anyone know if any old RV place will have this part or if it has to be a special Jayco one ? I imagine they are all pretty similar but dont know for sure. I know its a big gasket-probably about 20 ft long. Also- does it just float in there or it it secured somehow. Thanks for the help.

There are several types of slide-out gasket in use, so it is probably easiest to get the replacement from Jayco. They willknow which type is used on your particular make. model & year.  However, you could inquire at another Rv dealer to see if they can identify the gasket type and a source where they can order it.  All the RV manufacturers buy standard components from various distributors, so it won't be a unique Jayco part.

They are usually glued or stapled on. Some are fitted into a slot in a track.  There are typically two  "gaskets" in most slide-outs: a "wiper" visible on the outside and an inner gasket or seal on the inside.  The inner gasket pushes against the inside of the outer wall when the slide is open.

Thanks very much- I did go to the Jayco Dealer. This is the kind that fits into the track. the dealer pretty much convinced me that it isnt an easy task installing and it beats up your hands- I think I will pay them to do it ! Thanks again for your help !

Back
Top Bottom