RV Appraisal Services

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lnklatt

We are considering purchasing a new RV and have found a unit we like. Before talking money I'd like to get good information on the value of our current RV and the dealer cost of the new RV. I've located on the web a RV appraisal service - Data Marketing Associates, Prescott Valley, AZ. The web address of the site is www.rvs-r-us.com. They charge for service.

Has anyone used this service? If yes, were you pleased with the information received? Did the service save you any money in the trading of your RV?

Best regard,
Leon N. Klatt
email: [email protected]

Hven't ever used this service.  Actually this is the first time I have heard of them.  I think most folks use the NADA guides.

April 4, 2005

Thanks for the information on the NADA. I've got the information on our current RV from the NADA website.

Has anyone used any of the RV appraisal services to get dealer costs of RVs?

The dealer mark-ups on RVs is very large - at least 40%.

I'd like to start the bargaining task from the dealer cost and what is a reasonable profit that I'm willing to allow the dealer.

Thanks,
Leon N. Klatt
[email protected]

lnklatt said:
April 4, 2005
Thanks for the information on the NADA. I've got the information on our current RV from the NADA website.
I'd like to start the bargaining task from the dealer cost and what is a reasonable profit that I'm willing to allow the dealer.

Leon,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  You have definitely come to the right place for info on RVs and RVing.  We have quite a group of experienced RVerss here who are willing to share their experience and knowledge.  :) :)

Regarding the kind of discount that you should be able to get from a dealer, the accepted norm from the collective experiences of the group is approximately 20-30% off of asking price.  This can be in several forms:  higher trade in value on your old RV, price lowering, including additional features/modifications, etc.  When we bought our 2001 Monaco Dynasty Regent we were able to negotiate a MUCH higher trade in on our 1994 HMC Hawk, a reduction in the askiing price, and the inclusion of over $12K in extras, plus factory delivery (normally a $750 added cost at that time).  ;D

IAC, as I said: "Welcome to the forum".

lnklatt said:
April 4, 2005
Thanks,
Leon N. Klatt
[email protected]

When we purchased our 99 Eagle I negotiated toward a 40% discount and ended up with about 36%.  Like Don said it averages between 20 -30 percent off the asking price.  I started looking for 40% and got 36% off. 
Glad we were able to help.  Please continue to visit and join in any of the ongoing discussions or start a new on.
Welcome to the Framily.

Back
Top Bottom