RV & ATV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

500C

Seems like the only way to really do any exploring is to sleep in the woods.  I'm uncomfortable sleeping in a tent  and my SUV 'aint cuttin it' ........ so I need to get my hands on a smaller class "c" with a big block ford in it.  I also need to drag a 3000 pound trailer around without overloading it. 

Although I have years and hundreds of  thousands of miles as a commercial interstate driver, I was still able to to pick up allot of information I either forgot or had not heard before.  Who would  have thought the numbers in the oval on a tire explained the week and year the tire was made. 

Anyway ......Im not driving a freightliner and there seems to be allot I don't know about motorhomes.  Never really gave much thought to all the systems and components that make up a FSC rig.  I'm learning allot from reading whats been said here in the past and hope I can contribute something down the road. ...
no pun...........

I have been lookin for something in the 24 foot class maybe even smaller....  My destinations will usually be on a gravel or dirt roads with overhead clearances being sorta iffy, and .... I'll always be pulling a 16 foot  trailer.

So far I've been looking a the craigslist postings in this area trying to get an idea and a sense of value.  I'm looking to spend 8-12K on something that fits the bill.  I'll be an owner within the next 90 days.  I'm sure this site will enhance my MH fun and I look forward to spending much enjoyable time here. 

Welcome to our forum. In addition to reading/searching our message boards, you might care to check out some of the articles in our forum library. Just click the Library button above and select one of the categories.

I suspect that many of us here could benefit from your interstate trucking experience, so feel free to share the benefit of all those miles by jumping into some of the discussions here.

Welcome aboard, 500C.
There should be a decent selection of Class C motorhomes in the size and price range you are looking at.  There have been a couple recently advertised right here, in the For Sale section.

When you find a likely candidate, may I suggest asking about it here before committing to buy it?  Long range advice is better than no help at all.

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us.

Thats the plan RV Roamer ....... When I find something I like ........ I want to run it by you guys and hopefully get some valued feed back to make a buying decision.  This is a big site and I look forward to exploring it ........ with a little luck I will try to post some pictures to give all a feeling for the type of RVing I want to do.. I am so pumped up to be with this group and I have confidence that you all will help save me from myself when it comes to buying a dependable RV.

Back
Top Bottom