RV Body Repair in or near Fort Worth TX?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonestar Guy

So, after nearly three years of protecting our rig, I uh, I'd rather not say, but did some not so bad, but bad enough scraping along the top... ALL along the top (driver's side)... OK, here's what happened... I'm at a state park, waiting in line to check in at the kiosk/booth... I'm lined up with the cars in front of me. I pull up, check in, and when pulling away, after about 8-10 feet, notice a noise and the attendant comes running out all panic-like. Yup... there was an overhang of all things on the booth! And yup, I got too close! Scraped the eave and ripped up the edge of the metal roofing all along the booth. Baah! Coulda been worse I guess, but disappointing nonetheless. Our rig has scratch marks most of the way down, including the top trim of the slide out and one piece of vertical edging at the back is bent and slightly pulled away from the corner.

Anyway... so, I'm looking for a good body shop... I have read earlier posts on the topic. Lots of varied input. I can't imagine myself going to Camping World.. I just can't do it! LOL Wondering if anyone form the Fort Worth or even Dallas area has a preferred place with which they have had success. I see a Ray Newton in Ft Worth. I will probably self-pay. I haven't checked with insurance yet. My guess is it's just sanding, light filling and painting and one piece of trim.

Thanks!

P.S. - Why has this never happened before? LOL Aside from my mistake being too close, at most places, they have you pull over to the side and go into a building. Why they would have an overhang where people pull their RVs up is beyond me. That way, I don't have to take all the blame. Ha!

Look for a shop that repairs and paints semi truck tractors. There's one here that started with trucks and now RVs are about 80% of their business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom