RV Camping guide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reinigm

My sister-in-law gave me a book she picked up from AAA entitled Moon West Coast RV Camping. This book is phenomenal. Really comprehensive. I am marking only the parks that have hookups, but there are also hundreds of sites that take RVs that don't have hookups. If you are into fishing, the parks up in the northern California area are pretty nice. You can purchase it through Amazon. 2300 parks total. Washington, Oregon and California.

What happened to all of the free travel books that AAA used to give free to members?.... Do they still do that?

What happened to all of the free travel books that AAA used to give free to members?.... Do they still do that?
Not this one. It was $20.00. They do have travel guides for free if you are a member (either tow service card or insurance coverage).

Woodalls used to publish guides of campgrounds (and attractions?) that looked like a New York phone directory. There was one in my '07 View when I bought it. I think the internet has killed a lot of the printed guides (and for good reason).

Charles

Good Sam used to give members a free Good Sam campground directory. Now members have to pay for it at Camping World just like non members. Lemonis needs the money.

The problem with printed directories is the simple fact, by the time they actually get published, information contained in the directory is already out-dated.

The internet provides more up-to-the minute changes, and if a campground closes or sells out and now has new owners, that is immediately reflected on the internet too. Plus on the internet, if you want to book a site, more and more are going to on-line reservations, something you can't do with a paper directory.

Still, there is something to be said about "paper." I love Internet maps, but a good old fashioned paper map is still priceless! I suppose the same could be said about campground directories too.

I have actually been marking the ones with hookups county by county. When I finish a county, I go online and verify and check those campgrounds to see their setups. Haven't found any yet that would disappoint me.

he internet provides more up-to-the minute changes, and if a campground closes or sells out and now has new owners, that is immediately reflected on the internet too.
For some things that might be true, depending on the site/program/etc. you use on the internet- someone has to update it, and that sometimes takes a while (unless you go to the web site for the individual campground, but then you don't need the guide). But don't take it for granted that just because it's online that it's always up to date.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom