RV Comfort Thermostat -- Zone 1 now unavailable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry N.

The other day I was showing my Bounder to a neighbor, and cycled from zone 1 to zone 2 on the thermostat.  A short time later I tried to go back to zone 1, but it refused to do so. When I push the zone button, the backlight comes on, but nothing else happens. In addition, the front air conditioner (zone 1, of course) will no longer come on. Still, I have complete control over zone 2, just as I did before.  Unplugging from shore power, turning off the battery switches, etc. have no effect -- when power is reapplied, it momentarily shows zone 1, a temp of 72, then switches to zone 2, and thereafter behaves as if there is nothing but zone 2.

This is an RV Comfort.zc model 8330 thermostat attached to 2 heat pumps (A/C and heat on each) and 2 furnaces.

The Bounder is still under warranty (I bought it new in May), so I may have to have the dealer fix it (they're 30+ miles away), but thought I'd see if someone knew of a reset procedure, or some other trick to get it working. BTW, using the "programming" mode (Up/Down buttons together for 5 seconds) doesn't help at all -- just lets me change settings for zone 2, with zone 1 never showing up. Oh, yes -- the manual is no help for this problem.

I tried that, Ned, but I don't have separate zone/mode buttons -- they're part of the same control (like a rocker switch), so that you can only press one at a time. Still, I tried with the UP/DOWN buttons together, which normally will put you in programming mode. Turning the slide switch on (cool or heat) will take you out of the programming mode and back to normal operation, so none of that has worked so far. Perhaps that procedure is only for DuoTherms, not for RV Comfort.zc.

Is it a 4 button Comfort Center?  I posted the reset procedure for that model a couple messages down from the previous one.  Or is it a completely different model?  A picture would help.  The Comfort Center thermostats are for the DuoTherm A/C units.  It's all made by Dometic.

RV Products (Coleman) has some thermostats of their own and also use the Atwood Comfort Control System, which is a variant of the Duotherm 5 button model. I think Inuss probably has an older version of this one:

http://www.rvcomfort.com/rvp/products/accessories/rvc_zc.php
in  the variant that has a Zone select switch under the display.

I haven't been able to find any manuals or reset instructions for this model on the RV Comfort web site. However, there is a set of t-stat wiring diagrams here that show the .zc versions with the zone switch, down toward the end of the document.

http://www.rvcomfort.com/pdf_documents/wall_thermostats.pdf

That's a nice looking thermostat.  I wonder if it's compatible with the older control boxes?

In your second link (wall thermostats), Gary, at the bottom of page 8 and top of page 9 are two pictures that look exactly like mine, the 8330C331 and the 8430-331. I'm pretty sure it's the former. Ned, it's not the 4-button you describe, either, so there's no way to do that other procedure.

If you take the cover off, you are likely to find the whole number stamped on the inside, on the part remaining on the wall or perhaps on the back of it,  if you remove it from the wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom