rv covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandrich

newbie question - we will be parking our class A this winter in a wooded lot in FL for sometimes a month or so before we get back on the road for some short trips, then back to our assigned storage place in the wooded area for another period of a few weeks before next trip out.  I am thinking maybe I should purchase a cover for use during our storage times to help protect against tree sap, bird droppings, etc.  Do any of you cover your rv's when not in use for a few weeks?  Camping World has them on sale right now, costing up to $1400.00.  Our rv is new, an '06, and I would like to keep it nice for future resale for a bigger and nicer unit.  I don't mind spending the $$ if it is worth it.  Thank's for your input.  Sandrich

I have never used a cover nor do I recommend using a cover.  When the wind blows the cover moves and can mess up the surface of the RV.

Agree with Ron 100%.  Covers also hold mositure and will make ugly back marks on the roof and the coach.

Thank you for your comments.  Sounds like I will be better off just washing it occasionally and use the money for gas instead of a cover!!  I've not seen many people using covers so they probably learned a lesson.  Meanwhile, what's with diesel staying above $3 bucks a gallon??  Guess they will be 'hosing' us diesel users for awhile longer.  Thank's again.  Sandrich

Back
Top Bottom