RV FOOD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvhometown

Coleman dishes set is outstanding!!!! It has 4 heavy duty stoneware plates and comes with 4 coffee cups and 4 bowls, which are also the beautiful bright red stoneware color. The set also comes with all your silverware, 4 knives, 4 forks and 4 spoons all in a nice little pouch that rolls up and stows away in your canteen box very nicely! These are a great quality, are easy for me to clean with no running water, and are perfect for what we need. I am not worried about them breaking and they are pretty which is a great bonus!

Last edited by a moderator:

ButchW

Coleman dishes set is outstanding!!!! It has 4 heavy duty stoneware plates and comes with 4 coffee cups and 4 bowls, which are also the beautiful bright red stoneware color. The set also comes with all your silverware, 4 knives, 4 forks and 4 spoons all in a nice little pouch that rolls up and stows away in your canteen box very nicely! These are a great quality, are easy for me to clean with no running water, and are perfect for what we need. I am not worried about them breaking and they are pretty which is a great bonus!
That looks like a pretty nice set... But is it stoneware or enamel steel?... Is this the one you are referring to?
https://www.coleman.com/grills-stov...ece-enamel-dinnerware-set/SAP_2000016407.html
Thanks,
Butch

JayArr

We travel in our trailer and rarely have shore power. We tend to only stay in a location for one or two nights and prefer provincial parks with dry camping.

First of all we have learned how to avoid microwave foods. We cook on the stove or in the oven. My wife cleverly buys a bunch of dry goods like soup mixes, rice packs that just need water in a pot and canned goods. Then she buys meats that have a long shelf life like pre-cooked smokies, tins of tuna, a chub of ham and hamburger. She then uses the same ingredients in different ways each night so we don't feel like we're eating the same thing over and over. She does keep burgers and frozen lasagne/canelloni/shepards pie in the freezer.

We also eat a lot of fresh fruit in the trailer, more than at home for some reason. We eat better while traveling in the trailer than at home, less fast food - which may be surprising. I lost ten pounds on our last three week trip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hqcustomdesign
Top Bottom