RV FORUM HOP, SKIP, AND JUMP RALLY II May 1, 2010 ? May 13, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just updated the reservation lists that Sheila and I received from the three parks yesterday. If you don't see the right reservations please check with the appropriate park to verify.

See you soon! :)

Jeff said:
I just updated the reservation lists (Page 2) that Sheila and I received from the three parks yesterday. If you don't see the right reservations please check with the appropriate park to verify.

See you soon! :)

for those of us who are prone to want to see the newest postings first, would that be on page 2 or 4?  or somewhere else?

I just found it, it's on page 3 if you list new postings first.  I know, we are weird.

taoshum said:
for those of us who are prone to want to see the newest postings first, would that be on page 2 or 4?  or somewhere else?

Page 3 for me, date Feb 11, 2010, if that helps.

Wendy

I took out the page reference. Have no idea why it moves pages, font size maybe? I have messages per page left at default of 30.

Why not just copy the contents to a new message and save the hunting?

There was an article in today's (Sun. 4-25-10) Las Vegas Review-Journal about Zion.  There are two items of particular interest to Forumites who will be there at H-S-J.  The writer apparently was just there and said the walk up the river through Zion Narrows had been closed for two weeks because of snow runoff.  For those of us who are going from Zion to Bryce via the tunnel, there is road construction that might affect us.  It says mid-May and we'll probably be gone by then, but the schedule hasn't been set.  Here is the notice.

Switchbacks on Zion-Mount Carmel Highway
March 31, 2010
Superintendent Jock Whitworth has announced that major roadwork will occur in Zion National Park from approximately mid-May to October, 2010. The work will occur on a section of the Zion-Mt Carmel highway known as ?The Switchbacks?, from the junction of the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive to the west portal of the Zion-Mt Carmel Tunnel. The project will be administered by the Federal Highways Administration (FHWA). Although there will be delays and short term road closures affecting travel between Zion Canyon and U.S. Highway 89, all park visitor facilities and the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive will remain open for visitor enjoyment.

People visiting Zion Canyon via the park?s South Entrance who are camping, accessing the shuttle system, staying at the Zion Lodge or in the town of Springdale will not be in the construction zone. Visitors in Zion Canyon are encouraged to use the town shuttle to avoid possible delays entering the park.

Travelers going through Zion from the South Entrance to the East Entrance, or vice versa, should expect delays and some temporary closures. Park management and the FHWA are working to manage the construction schedule for the least impact possible on travel through the park. Construction schedules are not yet available, but if much of the work can be accomplished at night, delays of up to an hour or more will occur throughout the day.  If most of the work must occur during the daylight hours,daytime delays or closures may be up to 3 hours. Check this website weekly for updates on the construction schedule.

Bicyclists wishing to cross the park during construction will need to arrange for a private vehicle to take them through the construction zone and Zion-Mt Carmel Tunnel.

Alternate routes of travel between U.S Highway 89 and Zion Canyon are Utah State Route 59 from Hurricane, Utah to Arizona State Route 389 and Fredonia, Arizona (better for large vehicles) or Utah State Route 14 from Cedar City, Utah to Long Valley Junction (high elevation/steep grades). Visitors traveling during the construction period may want to consider using one of these roads between Zion Canyon and Bryce Canyon or Grand Canyon National Parks.

For updated information, Call 435-772-3256 (press 1, then 4) or continue to visit this website regularly.

Ned said:
Why not just copy the contents to a new message and save the hunting?

* Zion River RV Park - Zion

* Brewer
    * Bullock
    * Carriero
    * Cathey
    * Cousins
    * Ferguson
    * Fitzgerald
    * Henderson
    * Johnson
    * Kuch
    * Mahoney
    * Maribito
    * Pennings
    * Reavis
    * Savoy
    * Stock
    * Parks

Rubys Inn -  Bryce Canyon

* Brewer
    * Carriero
    * Cathey
    * Cherow
    * Cousins
    * Ferguson
    * Fitzgerald
    * Henderson
    * Johnson
    * Kuch
    * Marabito
    * Mathews
    * Miles
    * Pennings
    * Park
    * Reavis
    * Sander
    * Savoy
    * Stock
    * Weimert

1000 Lakes RV Park ? Capitol Reef

* Akers
    * Brewer
    * Carriero
    * Cathey
    * Cherow
    * Cousins
    * Ferguson
    * Fitzgerald
    * Henderson
    * Johnson
    * Kuch
    * Maribito
    * Mathews
    * Miles
    * Nesbitt
    * Parks
    * Pennings
    * Sander
    * Savoy
    * Stock
    * Weimert
    * West   

? Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 03:21:58 PM by Jeff ?

For those who are new I will summarize what Betty and others have answered in response to questions about what we do at Forum rallies. First we try to remain extremely unstructured and informal. We will have a happy hour most days and are planning a pot luck and breakfast over the 12 days. We will get a consensus the first day or so and let everyone know what is planned.

There are several good restaurants and we will undoubtedly try out several. If you haven't tried pickle or pinto bean pie you haven't lived. Last year included several hikes and off road rallies, and road trips to various points of interests; most were setup  the day before.

For those who need a day to relax you will have plenty of opportunities as well.

See you soon!

We're snowed in. Silverthorne/Keystone area is enjoying a beautiful blizzard that's dumped about 8 inches in the last 12 hours. We loaded the Roadtrek late yesterday down in Denver and drove through snow near the Eisenhower tunnel last night. Dined at Wendy's (chili for me) before going to our mountain house, where the cupbards are bare at the moment. There's no way we can get over Vail Pass today. We're 666 miles east of Springdale. So we'll probably stop at Green River, UT, Friday or Saturday night, depending on road conditions. Meanwhile, we're cozy and enjoying the late snow storm.

P.S. DW says, "You sure put a positive spin on that!" :)

Better to stay put until this storm gets thru Colorado. The wind advisory for our part of the state was supposed to end at 9 last night, then they extended it to midnight, now it's until noon today. But tomorrow looks good ! And at least the snow is up there in the mountains where it belongs :)

Wendy

FYI to all coming to Zion River, we arrived yesterday with a good tail wind coming north on I15.  The cold front passed through here last night with some wicked winds but we're nicely sheltered here in the park so the only problem was a dramatic drop in temperature. 

There's a lot of road construction on main street (Hwy 9) through Hurricane, single lane with cones, people and equipment to watch out for but still accessible for full size rigs.

I have the site assignments for everyone which is of limited value as there's no numbered site map online but if anyone wants to know where they are slotted, send me an email or PM.

Looking forward to the rest of the folks showing up :D

Cheers
Dale & Karen.

The wind quit last night at 8:30 pm and shifted from the north, snow started about 9:30 and we got 5 inches last night. It is 12 noon as I write and it is still snowing lightly and predicted to continue thru tomorrow, mostly clear here sat. & sun.>>>Dan 8) Cedar City, UT

Kerry:

I have added you back to the Zion list. They were not able to find you on our reservation list Friday but I think she was having problems with their computer.

Wendy said:
Better to stay put until this storm gets thru Colorado. The wind advisory for our part of the state was supposed to end at 9 last night, then they extended it to midnight, now it's until noon today. But tomorrow looks good ! And at least the snow is up there in the mountains where it belongs :)

Wendy

We had near white outs and lots of wind almost all day. It's now 20 with light flurries. Hoping to get on the road by 9 a.m. Friday. We'll try to make Green River or Salida, but Vail Pass could slow us down some.

Hi, all. I'm getting depressed...still snowing hard here in Silverthorne, Colorado, and I-70 west of here looks bad. Have no idea how long it'll keep snowing but it snowed hard all night. DH (OldEdit) seems happy to be doing his investment and blogging stuff while we sit and wait, but I don't want to miss "opening day" with all of you! Darn. Looks like we can't start out til tomorrow at least, so we may not make it to Virgin until Sunday. It was easy to be relaxed and copacetic yesterday while we sat and waited, but today I'm antsy and ready to hit the road.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom