RV Furnace Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue Goat

My furnace will not come on till you take the 12 volt furnace fuse out and put it back in. The furnace will run properly for awhile and turn off before it reaches set temp on the thermostat. To get it to come back on, I have to pull the fuse out and put it back in. Note: not blowing the fuse. Can anyone help. RV is only 2 years old. Thanks

Very possible a control board problem. It could also be a problem with commands sent to the control board either by the thermostat or any other management system you have onboard. You could try resetting connectors sometimes that will work.

Post the make model of the heater include the thermostat and any other components that is in the hvac circuit.

The furnace is a Suburban brand, I can not find a model number, the A/C is a Dometic and the thermostat is a Dometic "capacitive touch thermostat". That's about all I can tell. Thanks

Varify that the thermostat stays powered when you pull the fuse. If the thermostat is not showing power with the fuse out, pulling and replacing the fuse could also be resetting the thermostat placing additional suspicion on the thermostat. These types of problems can be tricky. The more clues you can create, the closer you will get to the problem. I would not rule out the thermostat even if it stays powered with the fuse out. Make sure the thermostat touch area is clean and get at as many connectors as you can to pull them and reinstall them.

I would first try to pull connectors to control board and thermostat and reseat them. It’s possible that the connections have oxidized and the logic power is marginal.

The control board for my heater failed last year, so that is a possibility.

Thanks for the help guys, I was able to to pull the connectors and reinstall. It seams to be working fine. Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom