RV Furnaces

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrovetownRvr

On average, how long do the LPG bottles last with a TT furnace under a normal temp setting (68 dEG F)? I have a weekend trip coming up in Jan in Cheraw, SC. The temps are usually in the mid thirties at night around that time of the year. Just wondering if I should carry extra LPG?

We camped for three weeks this summer and used the furnace in our TT just about every night as well as used it for heating the water and cooking.  Night time temperatures ran from a low of 30 F to 50 F. We are still running on our first propane tank.  We keep the temperature around 65 F at night when we sleep and turn it up for a bit in the morning to just take the chill off.  I don't think you will run out over the weekend.

We just spent a week out without hookups for 5 of those days. Used propane for frig and water heater as well as furnace. Spent 5 days out without hookups before that. So that's 12 days on the same propane fill-up and it's not empty yet. Got below 32 every night. Of course, we turn the furnace way down at night and rely on blankets and cuddling for warmth, jump up in the morning to turn on the furnace, then back to bed until it warms up.

wendycoke said:
We just spent a week out without hookups for 5 of those days. Used propane for frig and water heater as well as furnace. Spent 5 days out without hookups before that. So that's 12 days on the same propane fill-up and it's not empty yet. Got below 32 every night. Of course, we turn the furnace way down at night and rely on blankets and cuddling for warmth, jump up in the morning to turn on the furnace, then back to bed until it warms up.

Thanks Wendy. I figured it would last a while if used conservatively.

Back
Top Bottom