2000 thor 23' glide lite.
Heater is a Surburban NT 16SE.
No power to heater. All fuses good. Stove and oven, refer work perfectly.
Tried all I know to remedy this, and still no power.
Can someone help?
Sorry, yes furnace.
Changed the thermostat with new.
No power to the furnace or thermostat.
Acting like fuse is blown, but I changed all of them just in case.
There is an on/off switch on the side of the furnace, it is on.
Have not removed the furnace to bench test, that's next.
Is there something I am not aware of?
New to rving.
Loving it and love to tinker so they kind of go together
What make and model furnace (Specifics help us to find terminals)
Where are you measuring for power
Atwood furnaces. there is a switch above the blower housing. it's a circuit breaker, this is where you measure for power TO the furnace. Then you go to the control board.
My plan today is to start at the converter and fish for power from there to the unit.
In my gut it just feels like it is something stupid that I'm just missing. There is an on/off switch on the furnace but to test it I have to pull the unit.
The trailer is my first one and it is a 2000 Thor. Maybe I am just not familiar enough with things to find the issue. The troubleshooting section of the manual is pretty worthless.
Had the trailer on trips a few times and love the thing, but just finding little issues here and there to fix, and have been putting this one off and it's getting colder.
I will search for a hidden switch or breaker.
You guys have a great day, and thanks for the help.
You need to trace the power source for the furnace. Start at the furnace end and test with a voltmeter to see if there is +12v to that On/Off switch. Then work back along the wire to find the power source. Could be a loose or broken wire, or could be the source is not one of the fuses on the distribution panel. RV manufacturers sometimes do really flaky things...
You guys were so gracious with me and my problem I wanted to let you know what I found.
Removed the furnace and found that the blower motor was almost completly bound up. Probably why it seemed like a no power issue.
New motor goes in tomorrow. Hopefully it didn't cause any further damage.
Thanks for getting back to us. It's always a help when someone lets us know the actual solution that works for them, and it is generally also a BIG help to those looking for a similar solution down the road.