RV Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biss

I recently put my RV in storage for the winter. I called my insurance company and thought I would be able to reduce the coverage since it's not going to be used for 6 months. They said they could not do it!
What insurance company do you recommend and do they reduce the coverage/cost when your RV is in storage?
Thanks for any help and input you can give me.

We never changed or stopped our insurance in over 35 years of owning RVs. Just not worth it to me.

This really depends on the state, here in Louisiana one must turn in the license plates to the DMV in order to suspend insurance while a vehicle is in storage, few people want to go to the trouble of doing this. As then they have to jump through hoops to get the license plate back later on. To top that all off the DMV here is now appointment only with covid, so one has to make an appointment through the online system to do anything at the DMV including renewing drivers licenses.

Is the RV a motorhome or a trailer? Not much to suspend on a trailer, but liability can be suspended on a motorhome if the company permits it. Some do not. The Hartford is one that does in most states (where the state doesn't make it too hard). I think National General does too (and Good Sam, which uses NG as the underwriter).

We are with progressive, and our truck has been in storage for nearly a year due to Covid travel restrictions. We were able to reduce our premium due to the reduced liability whilst not on the road. However, we were advised not to do this for the Fifth wheel, as it currently has new for old cover which we would have lost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Winger84
Back
Top Bottom