RV Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

utmtman

Someone told me I should look into ExpressRV insurance for my RV insurance especially when I get ready to hit the road full time.  Right now I have Allstate and have been quite happy with them.  What I want to know is if anyone has used Express and has filed a claim and how easy and quick it was taken care of.  I have had to do a couple with Allstate and all got a claim adjuster to call me the same day I reported the accidents and had me fixed within a couple of months.  Any assistance you all can give me would be greatly appreciated. 
Lee

utmtman said:
I just noticed that it is explorer rv not express rv I am sorry.

Lee,

You'll get several suggestions for insurance suppliers. I would suggest that you use a company that specializes in "Full time rv" insurance. I don't think your Allstate auto type policy covers the contents of your RV. Also remember you'll need liability when you're not traveling (a guest gets hurt at your campsite). Most "auto" type policies do not cover these items because they are covered by your home owners policy. But now that you're full timing you don't have a home owners policy.

There are many of us here that use Explorer RV for our full time insurance.  I recommend you shop as you would for any insurance policy, but be sure to specify you are looking for full time coverage.  There are only a few companies that offer such policies.

As Don points out, most auto insurers have no clue about full timers needs, and don't offer the necessary coverages.  See here for a list of some places to go for insurance.

Allstate will cover the content and right now they have me covered for 20,000 on personal property.  I have not talked to them about full time insurance since it may be another year or two before we manage to hit the road full time.    And since they are the only insurance locally that would cover our modular home I will remain with them till the home sells.  But I am looking towards the future so the day we hit the highway we will have half if not all our ducks in order.  I have got a quote from explorer and they are cheaper tha allstate, I also got a quote from progressive but they were higher.  I have placed several other quotes out there as well.  We just wanted to make sure that who ever we go with they are easy to get help thru in case of those times when they are necessary.

Explorer RV is an agency, not an insurer. Your claims adjuster and policy service will come from someone else, most likely National Interstate Insurance or one of its subsidiaries. You need to ask about them, not Explorer (whose service as an agent is good).

We sitched to a policy from Explorer three years ago and have been quite satisfied, but have not had a claim either.

Thanks that will be helpful.  I have found both Explorer RV and RV Insurance gave me the lowest price and so I will probably end up going thru one of them when we get ready to change over. 

We just renewed our policy with Explorer RV for the second year. We had speedy response when we filed a claim last year. We are satisfied with the coverage and company.

Regards,
Liz

Thats what I wanted to hear.  Thanks much JackLiz.  I also had a response on another forum with a similar answer.  So that sounds like I can be safe working with them.  I did some internet research and found that they are supports but a dozen different agencys besides Explorer, one of them in Utah, FLying J Insurance, so I may just pay them a visit and do a policy in person.  I have a few other questions to ask any what about adding my car and possibly my atv's as well.  So much better in person than over the phone or net. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom