RV Park BS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonTom

I am here at the Floridan RV Park. Tom SeilerBird and I just had lunch together.

This is a very nice RV Park. Probably the best I have stayed in. And Tom has the best spot in the entire park, a shady place right next to the river (and almost no mosquitoes here!).

This is a very large park. The type one can get lost in. I have nobody near me and there are more spaces available.

Yeah, many more, but don't waste your time calling. They will say they have none available, yet they do.

I called this place twice and also emailed them. No spaces, they tell me three different times.

Tom SeilerBird, who has been here for ten years, askes in the office, and they have many spaces available.

Many, with electricity and water but no sewer connection I don't even care about that. My tanks are big enough besides they have a dump station here that I can use.

So either the employees are too lazy to bother with those not renting by the month, or they just don't want more money. Or what else could it be? Seems strange for a business to not want easy money.

And nobody who stays monthly would want a space with no sewer connection.

So what type of BS is going on here?

Below is a pix I just took of my RV here. Now I have to con Tom into taking a better pix for me here and I will use it in my Avatar.

FlordianRVP.JPG

-Don- St. Cloud, FL

Last edited:
Below is a pix I just took of my RV here. Now I have to con Tom into taking a better pix for me here and I will use it in my Avatar.
Glad you made it, and thanks to Tom/Seilerbird for making it work. Be sure to post a pic of you both so we make this an "official" mini-rally.

It will not be hard to talk me into taking a photo. He got here on the lousiest day of weather we have had all season. It is cold and rainy and overcast. But it will be better tomorrow and maybe we can go to Gatorland.
I think it is near perfect weather here. I guess this is cold for Florida!

I will take this weather over the 90F muggy Everglades!

Or all the snow I just looked at in my security cameras in Reno!

-Don- St. Cloud, FL

Hopefully it will warm up for you soon, we had a high of 49F here in Louisiana on Monday, Low of 34 just before sunrise this morning, a high of 65F this afternoon, and a forecast high of 81 for Christmas day. You can never guess what the weather will do around here this time of year one day till the next.

I think I probably figured out what is going on here, why an RV park with at least a dozen free spaces means none are available.

Tom SeilerBird mentioned in the past how college kids have come here and made a lot of noise all night long. Well, those kids are free to do more of such as they have this week off. This is XMAS week, so perhaps many have the next week or two off.

One way to make sure that doesn't happen is to claim to be full.

I was told none are available. Tom SB was told they have two. The truth is, more than a dozen sites are not taken here, all right next to me.

I expect after next week, there will be no such issue. The issue was for this and perhaps next week. Whenever the schools are closed.

I guess I sound like a young college kid on the digital cell phone.

Anyway, I have this entire section of this park to myself. I am very glad the way it worked out.
BTW, they told me I could have any spot I like in this section of the park. That alone proves none of the others here are reserved. I am the ONLY RV in this section of the park with at least a dozen free spaces.

These sites are all are 50 amp, as well as 30 amp and 20 amp outlets at each site.

-Don- St. Cloud, FL

The issue could be the lack of software to maximize availability. A park I was once in did not combine stays on a site. Example would be if I called for a week stay the first week of the month and you called for a week the third week of the month that's 2 sites unavailable for the month. Good software would eliminate that.

Do you think there is any other possible reasons for limiting capacity? Can the park supply enough power if all the sites are taken? That would be a weird one but potentially possible.

Are they short on ground staff needed to keep the place cleaned up, trash collected etc. etc. Are there block houses that need cleaning and maintenance that they don't have enough staff to cover?

Do you think there is any other possible reasons for limiting capacity? Can the park supply enough power if all the sites are taken? That would be a weird one but potentially possible.

Are they short on ground staff needed to keep the place cleaned up, trash collected etc. etc. Are there block houses that need cleaning and maintenance that they don't have enough staff to cover?
I don't know why they would have an RV park with more spots than they can power up. They should at least have the extra sites as boondock only or whatever.

It also could depend on who is on duty in the office. I was getting different answers from different people, and I think the same was happening to Tom SB, but he knows who to talk to.

-Don St. Cloud, FL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom