RV Park BS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not that I am aware of. I make my own coffee inside my RV and, yes, it is too hot for me, but not dangerously hot. I won't get 3rd degree burns from it.

-Don- Somewhere in or around Orlando, FL (motorcycle ride and I am in a shady park somewhere).
Let your coffee cool down a little bit, before taking a drink.

The Floridian and you were allowed to stay in that section because you're visiting Tom?
I have no doubt that I would not now be in this RV Park if it were not for Tom SeilerBird asking in the office.

There is another RV a few slots away from mine here now in this same section. He got here late yesterday when I was out riding around. His license plate is Texas. I bet he is also visiting somebody here. If I get a chance to talk to the guy, I will post here what makes him "special". I won't use those words, of course.

I wonder how many RV Parks do this type of thing, having a mainly unused area reserved for special stuff.

-Don- St. Cloud, Fl

Rallys and club gatherings are not uncommon. They have to have somewhere to gather so this park may be a favorite spot. It might be an "egg" gathering for small fiberglass trailers, or any other kind of RV that has a big following. Airstream for instance has regional rallys, and in fact some Airstream groups own their own parks. My Bigfoot has a decent following and they have regional rallys and a national gathering, so it could be any thing. Might be a solo Women RV'ers group, you never know ;>)

Charles

@DonTom,

Where are you heading next? I read that you are leaving there on Wednesday?
My next stop will be in or around Goose Creek, SC. After a week there, I will slowly head back home, but that will include a week in Tucson, AZ and perhaps a week on Organ Pipe Cactus Nat'l Monument, AZ and perhaps several other places. And even any of these plans can all change without notice.

Seeing the snow at my Reno home and heavy rains at my Auburn, CA home makes me not want to head home until springtime.

-Don- St. Cloud, FL

Seeing the snow at my Reno home and heavy rains at my Auburn, CA home makes me not want to head home until springtime.

-Don- St. Cloud, FL
I came down from Ohio last January for a pre-retirement "look see" and didn't go back until spring and only then to pack my trash and move down here - LOL...

To me Florida is a well kept secret. I grew up in SoCal in the 60's and 70's. 3rd generation Californian. Unfortunately California is crazy expensive and crazy crowded.

There are a lot of areas in Florida that give me that early California vibe.

Don't forget, Don, if you pass along I-10 on the way home we might arrange a lunch or something.

drive through Georgia
Wild pigs are along Interstate95 in Georgia. First time we went through there, I didn't think I was seeing right.

The Georgia I95 welcome Center is nice on the south bound side, not sure about the north bound side heading to Goose Creek.

Not on the RV-style pedestal at my house. There's just the one feed from the house, though it fully supplies the 50 amp service.
I have 30 amp out to the RV carport, I will never need 50 amp while parked at home. The 30amp keeps batteries topped off, the fridge running and a single A/C. I need more I'll just head to the house. Some times it's a guest house so maybe a TV.

I have no doubt that I would not now be in this RV Park if it were not for Tom SeilerBird asking in the office.

There is another RV a few slots away from mine here now in this same section. He got here late yesterday when I was out riding around. His license plate is Texas. I bet he is also visiting somebody here. If I get a chance to talk to the guy, I will post here what makes him "special". I won't use those words, of course.

I wonder how many RV Parks do this type of thing, having a mainly unused area reserved for special stuff.

-Don- St. Cloud, Fl
Might be short term, transient daily or weekly. I ran into this when my wife was going through cancer, every park I called was "full". One manager said they hold some open for travels that will not be staying long term. They make more money on daily or weekly than monthly.

What is your zip code? I will see if I will get close to there. More than likely, I will. I want to take I-10 mostly on my way to AZ.

-Don- St. Cloud, FL
I'm in Live Oak 32060. There's a large Busy Bee truck stop at the exit if you need gas and a pretty good place for sandwiches and BBQ (Big Wood) just south of the exit.

There's also a pretty huge Wally's parking lot if you decide to do a free overnight stop here.

The Suwannee River State Park is only about 10 miles east of that exit as well.

Live Oak.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom