RV Park next to Graceland???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steph

???Can someone tell me more about it?? Can you walk to Graceland from the park?? Do they allow pets?? My husband isn't in to Elvis so I was thinking could leave him and the dog in the RV and go myself.? If the park isn't doable is there RV parking at Graceland where they could sit and wait?
Thanks.

Steph,

The closest RV park I recall is Memphis/Graceland RV Park, right across the street from Graceland, next to the Heartbreak Hotel and it's an easy walk. My wife visited while I stayed in the motorhome in the campground.

Thanks for the info!? That would be perfect.
Is it nice?? Does it have electric/water/sewer hookups??

Steph,

My recollection is that it was OK, but nothing special - you're looking at the back of the hotel. They have full hookups, including 50A and have pulls-through sites. Tel. (866) 571-9236 or (901) 396-7125.

If I were going there again I'd stay at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River RV Park in West Memphis (Arkansas), although it's a 25 minute drive to Graceland. We were going to stay there on our previous trip, but the surrounding area seemed a bit run down and we turned around. Several folks have told me I should have kept going and stayed at this park. Tel. (870) 735-9770.

Thanks Tom.? Sounds like it should be ok for a night.? That is all we would probably stay.? Maybe two.? I will look into the other as well.? We probably won't be towing a car so being close would be nice.?
Thanks again.? Have a great day! ;D

We stayed at Elvis Prestly Blvd RV Park which is about a block or two down the street.  It also is nothing special but they do allow pets.  I walked there while Ned stayed in the coach.  I wouldn't walk that area at night though.  The mansion is well worth the stop even though I am not a die-hard Elvis fan.  Didn't buy the ticket to see the inside of the plane or all his cars either.  Enjoy.

LOL Lorna, I'm not much of a fan. Chris did buy the ticket to see everything and thought it was worth it.

I am a huge Elvis fan? ;D my husband actually doesn't care for him at all :eek:.? I have been trying to get him to take me to Graceland for a while.? This should be the perfect way!
Lorna- the park that Tom was talking about takes pets too.? Thanks for mentioning the other though.? I will check it out.? I really like the idea of just walking across the street.?
Thanks again guys!?

Tom

A friend of mine is a big fan and said you can't stay there without going to Graceland and that was the main reason that I even went.

Lorna,

I stayed there and didn't go to Graceland and so did Ned  ;D

In reality, we would have never stayed at this CG if Chris hadn't wanted to visit Graceland; There's nothing else around there to see or do.

It was interesting watching/listening to Precilla Presley talking to Larry King about the estate and specifically about Graceland. It appeared that, to her, it was just another money maker, not a memorial to her father.

Oh, dear, Tom, you should have gone with Chris to Graceland. Priscilla Presley was Elvis' wife, Lisa Marie was his daughter.

Heck Tom  They all look alike don't they?  Hard to tell once you start wearing glasses.

LOL Shayne, I've been wearing glasses since I was 14 years old. Might explain why I've never seen things correctly.

That would be the only reason we would go there too!  I really want to see Graceland.

We are currently parked in a campground across the Mississippi River from Memphis, about 20 minutes from Graceland. The Tom Sawyer Mississippi Campground is right on the river bank, we can sit in our coach and watch the barges going up and down river. In the middle of nowhere but the scenery is incomparable.

Bernie,

Don't imagine you will still be there, but we check in there next Wed for our annual St Judes rally with the Southern Cruisers Riding Club. 

Jim Johnson said:
Don't imagine you will still be there, but we check in there next Wed for our annual St Judes rally with the Southern Cruisers Riding Club. 

Jim

No we leave this morning, getting eager to get back home. Lovely sunrise over the Mississippi this morning.

steph said:
???Can someone tell me more about it?  Can you walk to Graceland from the park?  Do they allow pets?  My husband isn't in to Elvis so I was thinking could leave him and the dog in the RV and go myself.  If the park isn't doable is there RV parking at Graceland where they could sit and wait?
Thanks.

Yes, you can walk to Graceland from the park. It's right next to the Graceland parking lot and behind the Graceland Hotel. Graceland is across the street. You can do all of Graceland in less than a half day. We stayed elsewhere and pulled into the Graceland parking lot early in the morning. There were plenty of parking spaces at that time of day along the fence where there are trees for shade.

Thanks for the info Bruce.? I thought it might take longer to see all of Graceland.? I can't wait to start planning this trip.? We will probably only stay there for a night.? Probably be the last leg of our trip before heading back east.?
Have a great weekend everyone! ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom