RV Park Recommendations Dallas TX & Midland TX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVoorhis318

Heading west again for the winter and taking a different route need some tips please

Thanks

Rob

We have stayed in Lake Dallas at Destiny Dallas. It's not a bad park. Stay in the back away from the freeway. If you're only going to be there for 2 weeks or less, Hickory Creek COE park is a great place to stay. We have stayed at Sandy Lake in Carrollton. It's OK if you can get in.

We stayed at a city park out by Wylie, but I can't remember the name. I wouldn't recommend it if you have a larger RV.

We have stayed in Lake Dallas at Destiny Dallas. It's not a bad park. Stay in the back away from the freeway. If you're only going to be there for 2 weeks or less, Hickory Creek COE park is a great place to stay. We have stayed at Sandy Lake in Carrollton. It's OK if you can get in.

We stayed at a city park out by Wylie, but I can't remember the name. I wouldn't recommend it if you have a larger RV.
Thanks

On I20 in DFW area, Cedar Hill SP, City of Grand Prarie has a nice rv park, & Lake Ben Brook on SW side of FtWorth has a CoE park (Holiday Park , we've stayed here a lot ).
Approaching the DFW area from the east on I20 or I30 seems to be a rv park every other exit now

On I20 in DFW area, Cedar Hill SP, City of Grand Prarie has a nice rv park, & Lake Ben Brook on SW side of FtWorth has a CoE park (Holiday Park , we've stayed here a lot ).
Approaching the DFW area from the east on I20 or I30 seems to be a rv park every other exit now
I tried to overnight at a couple of those parks along the I20-30 corridor a couple years back. A lot of them were only taking monthly tenants even though I could see multiple empty sites at each park. Catering to the oil workers, I guess.

You sure you weren't west of FtWorth ?
There is a new KOA about a mile north of I20 on SH19 at Canton Tx about 50 miles east of DFW area. Just beware the weekend that includes the 1st Monday of each month it will be packed with shoppers for 1St Monday Trades Day.

Not really sure. I know our route to Arkansas from Quartzsite was I-10 to I-20 to I-30 to I-40. We finally ended up in the Walmart at Rockwall, but we got there after dark(and, as Walmarts go, this one sucked).

The closer you get to Midland/Odessa, the chances of finding an RV park that hasn’t succumbed to the oilfield, and basically is nothing more than a ‘man camp’ drops dramatically every mile. Plan on driving non stop from Weatherford to Van Horn.

Back
Top Bottom