RV park requirements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If a debit card has branding such as Visa or MC it is afforded the same protections as a credit card. That is a requirement to display those.
Credit card protections are codified in federal law. Debit cards don't have the same protection. There's nothing in the Master Card usage requirements that require those protections to be in place - it just signifies the merchant subscribes to the Master Card branding network. I assume Visa is similar.

Branding Guidelines & Logo Usage Rules

Quick read,

On its website, Visa states, “You won’t be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your account or account information. You’re protected if your Visa credit or debit card is lost, stolen or fraudulently used, online or offline.”

ccvsdb.png

We get an email every time our cards are used so the $500 loss/theft is a non starter. And our card provider (Visa) refunded the ENTIRE amount the one time it happened.

I am not going to look up all the sources I have researched over the years, but I have never found a credible source to believe debit cards are more risky than credit cards.

Quick read,

On its website, Visa states, “You won’t be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your account or account information. You’re protected if your Visa credit or debit card is lost, stolen or fraudulently used, online or offline.”

View attachment 152072

We get an email every time our cards are used so the $500 loss/theft is a non starter. And our card provider (Visa) refunded the ENTIRE amount the one time it happened.

I am not going to look up all the sources I have researched over the years, but I have never found a credible source to believe debit cards are more risky than credit cards.

I expect the last item on the chart, number used but physical card not lost or stolen, is the most common form of card fraud in recent years.

Mark and Lou certainly have it right- we pay ours off monthly, and we get 3% back for certain purchases on one card, 5% (special deal) on another one for a month on certain purchases, vs 1% back on everything on yet another. We even carry it to making larger purchases on the card (all else being equal) that has the longest to go before the bill is due (more interest from our bank, though not much).

Of course the above is modified where there are different prices for credit vs cash.

It's been decades since we paid any interest at all on a credit card, and it wasn't much back then.

I just had some work done on my Jeep. When I hauled out a debit card to pay, the guy told me there'd be a 2% surcharge for using a card. I took back my debit card and handed him the credit card that gives me 3% cash back. I usually use the cash back cards for big purchases and pay the full balance when the statement comes.

I try to use one 2% cash back card for everything so all my charges are on one statement. But I keep one card with a low limit to use in restaurants where you pay at the table. It is too easy for a wait person to snap a picture of your card then use it online.

Like others have said I haven't used cash for years for anything. I only write checks for the few places that require them. A 50 count checkbook lasts me 5 years. But what's up with the price of new checks? The used to be free!

I try to use one 2% cash back card for everything so all my charges are on one statement. But I keep one card with a low limit to use in restaurants where you pay at the table. It is too easy for a wait person to snap a picture of your card then use it online.
We've been to a few restaurants and even a Huddle House diner recently that use portable credit card terminals they bring to your table so your card never leaves your sight. I much prefer that or the ones where I pay at a cashier instead of handing my card to the waitstaff. Some Denny's restaurants also have terminals at each table that can be used to pay the bill with a card.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom