RV park up and running

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's funny, I looked at the picture and thought that needs more trees=shade. But we don't use satellite so that didn't cross my mind.
Good luck with this new adventure!

That's funny, I looked at the picture and thought that needs more trees=shade. But we don't use satellite so that didn't cross my mind.
Good luck with this new adventure!
Potable antenna, place where needed, gun mount you may have an issue.

12 years of Dish satellite TV using a portable full face dish and we've never selected or rejected a site because of the satellite view. With both eastern and western arc sats available, we've also never landed on a site where we couldn't find a working line of site, so it's just not an issue for us. Now that streaming is becoming more common as better cell Internet becomes available, we are finding more sites where we don't need to set up the dish though.

With US consumer DBS satellites ranging from 61.5 degrees to 129 degrees on the Clarke Belt, how should park owners rate their sites for the view?
Primarily by obstructions blocking antenna view to the south. It's not complex. DirecTV and DIsh (the prime concerns) satellites are south from within the U.S. I wouldn't expect a degree-by-degree rating, just, "Are there obstructions to the south?"

Primarily by obstructions blocking antenna view to the south. It's not complex. DirecTV and DIsh (the prime concerns) satellites are south from within the U.S. I wouldn't expect a degree-by-degree rating, just, "Are there obstructions to the south?"
Depending on the parks location, there are DBS satellites from the south east to the south west. The azimuth spread from Lebanon, KS for instance is ~92 degrees. I suppose if parks at least noted that the sites have a view towards the 101-119 sats at the required elevation, that would ensure some reception for both services anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom