RV Parks and Campgrounds in Northern California

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

explorenorcal

:D

Hello everyone,

Planning to go camping or RVing in northern california?

Well, stop by at explore norcal and find some good spots.

The site hasnt been online too long, but we have over 250 campgrounds right now.

Its a free site to everyone. its easy to use, and has a lot of info already.

RV'ers - Look for the RV sign on the maps for rv sites in an area.

GPS'ers - Look for the GPS coords for exact location.

thanks for checking it out,

suggestions are welcome!

www.explorenorcal.com

email: info - at- explorenorcal.com

explorenorcal said:
suggestions are welcome!

The font used for most text on your site is too small to read.

Do you receive any income/profit resulting from the advertisement of this site? For example, do the parks or commercial links you post compensate you in any way?

Was just wondering -- because if they do, it appears you have broken an important rule of this forum in your first post. ??? ???

Bob Buchanan said:
Do you receive any income/profit resulting from the advertisement of this site? For example, do the parks or commercial links you post compensate you in any way?

Was just wondering -- because if they do, it appears you have broken an important rule of this forum in your first post. ??? ???

What are you trying to suggest?

No, the california state parks has not contacted me, does not pay me, and has no relationship with me.

Infact, the same is true for all the BLM, Forest Service, and Private campgrounds listed as well.

The site costs me approx. $110 a year for hosting fees / domain name...

This cost comes out of my pocket. and I have a job.

All campgrounds are a result of many hours of research and visiting, and research.

I enjoy camping, own an rv, that is why this site exists.

The site is meant to be used by everyone for no charge, what is the problem?

I willl eventually have google ads, to try and recover some of this money.

I do have some type of "outdoor" store banner, that will pay me 4% of any sale that results from a person coming for my site. (CPS or something)

This is relevent content, AFAIK, because campers need camping gear. plain and simple!

I belong to a outdoor link sharing site, that accounts for the other banner.

What is your problem sir?

Are you just flaming me for the heck of it?

Oh, BTW thank you for your suggestion. I agree that the font needs to be bigger, or user customizable,
but that takes time.

So, once I get off work for the day, I might do that.

explorenorcal said:
What is your problem sir?

Are you just flaming me for the heck of it?

From your response, it appears my post upset your AM. Sorry if that is the case. i would not do that intentionally. :)

There is a forum rule that no advertising is allowed. I was simply bringing this to your attention if you were not aware of that rule.

Last night, I needed to find out where a call was coming from that I discovered on my cell phone. If a client calls and does not leave a message, I like to find out what part of the country the call is coming from -- as it may be from an existing client, or for whatever reason. There are several "free" sites I go to get this information. I type in the 1st 7 digits of the phone number in question and it returns the city and local of that number. A great free service for me.

The reason they spend the money to provide this free service is to get me to their site so I will hopefully click the links they provide -- and buy stuff. There are probably thousands of sites using this method of marketing. I read somewhere that the best word to use in advertising is, "free".

I responded to your post because I am from Northern California. When I respond to most any post here it is because from the topic it appears I may have some knowledges about a question another member has. That was the case here. However, what I found was an advertisement for camping gear and another where I can get a map for $10.00. From your response to my message, you are obviously going to post more such profit motive links. There are over 5,000 members here that could potentially see the ads you provide - so this forum, plus any other forums you have found and posted a similar ad would appear to have more intent than to recoup your $110 investment.

Yes, most anyone on this forum needs camping gear. I would hope they also need one of the products that "I" market for the RVer. In addition to an RVer product I market SW, but not to RVers -- but rather to RV park managers and owners. I am not allowed to directly or indirectly (via ad links) advertise my product on this forum. I "can" post my website as part of my profile. I asked and got permission to do that. If you are allowed to do what you are doing, I would then ask to do the same thing -- as would others on this forum that happen to market a product. Others may then join the forum with that intent. That is why the forum rule I mention exists.

Anyway, if you would like to continue this thread and discuss this in more detail that would be fine with me. The rules and how they are enforced are not my responsibility so perhaps the Forum Sysop will allow you to continue. Also, I apologize again if I have upset your day. That was not my intent.

Bob Buchanan said:
I responded to your post because I am from Northern California. When I respond to most any post here it is because from the topic it appears I may have some knowledges about a question another member has. That was the case here. However, what I found was an advertisement for camping gear and another where I can get a map for $10.00. From your response to my message, you are obviously going to post more such profit motive links. There are over 5,000 members here that could potentially see the ads you provide - so this forum, plus any other forums you have found and posted a similar ad would appear to have more intent than to recoup your $110 investment.

You are way off base, pal.

Your statement sounds as though there are no campgrounds listed on the website,
that the site is a banner ad ridden page, geared to sell ads and confuse people...

well, you coudn't be more wrong!

Its a free site, free as in free speech and free as in beer...

Did you actually navigate through the site? or did you see a banner ad and your eyes started to burn?

I dont understand where you get off telling me that I am in the wrong.
Did you read the forum rules?... I did...

# Messages that are propaganda in nature and ignore a topic for the purpose of furthering a particular agenda of the person, a group or organization.
# Commercial advertisements, ads for information exchange (petitions, surveys, questionnaires), and soliciting for funds. We do, however, allow private for-sale ads, and these should be posted with For sale or Sale in the subject line. A sale is considered private/non-commercial if the seller is merely disposing of a personal item or asset rather than being in business to sell such items/assets. If you're unsure, please drop a personal message or email to the Forum Administrator.

I am not a company, or organization, and have not made a single cent from this site, nor do I care if I do...

So, was my post a "commercial advertisement" ?

What are you being charged, or sold?

Why did I post a link to the site? Becuase, I would like people to visit the site.

It is relevent to RV'ers and Camp'ers in northern california.

If I am in the wrong, why dont you report me to the moderator? , instead of being a vigilante.

I simply wanted to share a site that I have put a lot of time into.

The site is plain and simple... its a free campground guide for northern california, take it or leave it...

For you to assume that my intention is to get rich or make money off the site, that is both incorrect and slanderous.

Thanks for taking the time to criticize me, for my intended helpful site.

Oh, and btw, this site "rvforum.net" has google ads and such... I will assume that you are bothered by this as well ??

BTW, as a linux enthusiast / programmer I am not motivated by $$$ like other less respectable windows programmers, whom say charge $500 for a single copy of a program.

explorenorcal said:
Did you actually navigate through the site? or did you see a banner ad and your eyes started to burn?

I visited your site and did find information on some campgrounds.  It seemed to me to be somewhat cumberson to find the information.  As a test, I used the Trailer Life Campground Finder and it was faster.  Not better, just faster.

Phil

Phil,

Thanks for the input.

I'll see what I can do to make it more user friendly and navigatable...

Although it has been suggested otherwise,
my intent is for the site to be as easy to use as possible.

I am working on a search function to aid in this problem....

Thanks again for the suggestion...

Ryon L.
Webmaster,
Explorenorcal.com

Bob wrote:>> Anyway, if you would like to continue this thread and discuss this in more detail that would be fine with me.

You wrote:>> BTW, as a linux enthusiast / programmer I am not motivated by $$$ like other less respectable windows programmers, whom say charge $500 for a single copy of a program.
====
That doesn't sound too conducive to a meaningful continuation of the thread. ??? ???? But that's OK -- you have stated your position, and I have stated mine. Nothing you have written here has changed my opinion, and it's obvious nothing I have said has changed yours. So I see no need to try to convince either otherwise. On forums, other readers and sysops decide for themselves. And I am OK with that.

Bob wrote: >> Also, I apologize again if I have upset your day. That was not my intent.
====
Obviously you're not in the mood for a thought to calm the discussion.? :)

Ryon, I was going to visit your site (I am from Northern California) but your combative attitude turned me off.  This is a generally friendly site and I hope it stays that way.

Robert,

I'm sorry to hear that.

Likewise, I hope your integrity is not questioned when you decide to post your work to the web.

Ryon

Let's cool it a little folks. I've been offline for a few days so I'm coming in a little late.

At this time I see nothing in Ryon's message or associated link(s) that violates the current forum rules, but I appreciate the concern and the question being asked. I won't comment on Ryon's site other than to say it appears to povide some potentially useful information. (Sorry, I haven't had a chance to thoroughly check it out or valdiate any of the information).

Oh, and btw, this site "rvforum.net" has google ads and such...

Ryon, I have no idea what "and such" means but, for clarification, the 4 Google ads appear only on our web site which happens to share the same domain as our forum. There are no commercial ads in forum messages although, as Bob mentioned, we allow members to include a URL in the sig line of their messages. If you are seeing more commercial ads, please let me know and provide the url and I'll gladly check it out.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom